6

"Thanks, Erin," I said as I got out of the car. She pulled out of the driveway and I slung my duffle bag over my shoulder. I walked up the few steps of Sidney's porch and knocked on the door. I felt like I was being watched and looked around me. The door opened and Sidney stood in front of me. "Hey, Y/N," she said moving out of the way to let me in. "Hey, did Tatum call you?" I asked as I walked in and she shut and locked the door behind me. "Yeah, she said she would be over after practice and it was running a little late," she said and we headed into the living room. As we walked by the closet I thought I heard movement from inside but brushed it off thinking something probably fell.

We sat down on the couch and she turned the t.v. on. The first thing that popped up was a picture of Sidney's mom. She flipped through the channel's but they were all the same, talking about the first anniversary of her mother's murder and the recent murders. She turned the tv off sighing. "You all right?" I asked. She looked at me and smiled a little. "I should be asking you that. How are you dealing with everything?" She asked me. "Um. I'm okay, I think. Stu picked me and Billy stayed over last night so I felt safe. Not looking forward to the reporters getting to me. I got lucky this morning," I said. "Well, you'll be safe at Tatum's tonight with Dewey being there," she said. "Yeah. I'm going to use the restroom I'll be back," I said and for up.

I walked towards the stairs when I heard a noise from the closet again. I looked back to see Sidney had laid down on the couch. I walked over to the closet and debated whether or not to open it. I don't know how to explain this but when you're a twin you kinda have this twin it's like you have this intuition. You feel what they feel or know what they are thinking. Sometimes I can feel when Stu is around without having to see him. And that is exactly how I was feeling right now. I had a strong feeling that he was near but that didn't make any sense to me. But at the same time, it was kinda like at Casey's, the caller seemed similar like I knew them but I also had the feeling Stu was close by.

Then today at lunch when he described how to gut someone and when Randy said about Stu could be the killer, I played it off like it was ridiculous. But it wasn't a lie he is easily manipulated I do it all the time. And he follows Billy around like a lost puppy. He'll do anything Billy asks him to. But I just don't want to believe the two people I care about most in my life would do something like that. I put my hand on the door handle and took a deep breath. I twisted the handle and quickly pulled it open. Nothing but coats and jackets and just normal things you would find in a coat closet. I shut the door and turned around. "I'm going fucking crazy," I said and walked upstairs to the bathroom.

When I came back downstairs I walked into the living room to see Sidney sleeping. I went over to the couch and lifted her feet and sat down. I set her feet in my lap and leaned my head on the back of the couch. I was tired from practice and from the events I had gone through the night before. I had this gut feeling that something wasn't right but I just ignored it and chalked it up to what I went through at Casey's. I eventually ended up falling asleep at some point because when I woke up it was because the phone was ringing. Sidney groaned and picked up the phone. "Hello?" She asked groggily. She picked up the clock "it's past 7:00," she said. She twisted to look out the window and laid back down. "Oh. Oh, that's comforting," she said. I assumed she was talking to Tatum. After she hung up she told me Tatum was going to swing by the video store and get a couple of movies.

I stood up and stretched while she laid back down. I was still in my clothes for volleyball so just a pair of tiny tight shorts and a t-shirt. Just as Sidney lauded back down the phone rang again and she groaned. "Tatum always forgetting something," I chuckled. She picked up the phone and put it to her ear. "Tatum just gets in the car," she said but then paused. "Uh... Hi, who is this?" She asked. I was bending over trying to stretch my back but stood straight up. "Well, I--I have no idea," she said. There were a couple of seconds of silence. Then she smiled and laughed a little and looked up at me. "Randy, you gave yourself away. Are you calling from work, cause Tatum's on her way over," she said and stood up turning the light on.

I still had that gut feeling like something wasn't right. "I like that thing you're doing with your voice, Randy. It's sexy," she said. She was quiet for a few seconds as she listened. "Oh, come on. You know I don't watch that shit," she said and I looked at her. "No. No. It's just, what's the point? They're all the same. Some stupid killer stalking some big-breasted girl who can't act, who's always running up the stairs when she should be going out the front door. It's Insulting," she said. "Randy, that's so unoriginal. I'm disappointed in you," she said as she leaned over the couch and looked out the window. Then she stopped and slowly turned to look at me. "So, who are you?" She asked. "Fuck," I whispered. "So, where are you?" She asked still looking at me. "Why would you call me from my front porch?" She asked.

I quickly turned around and walked to the front door. I turned the light on and looked outside. Sidney came up beside me and I took the phone from her. I put it to my ear "I call your bluff," I said and it was silent. I unlocked the door and opened it. Both Sidney and I walked out onto her porch. "Hello, baby girl, wasn't expecting to hear your voice again," they said. "So, where are you?" I asked. "Right here," he said. "Right here? Huh?" I said and Sidney walked to one end after taking the phone from me. I turned around and looked at the closet door. There was no way he was in there. I opened that door and looked inside and didn't see anything. Sidney went to hang up but froze and looked at me. "Fuck you, you cretin!" She said and pushed me inside and locked the door.