"school's going to be a bit hectic today," he started, "miss kim will be confronting the principal about haerin today."

"today? really? what's going to happen then?" asked jaemin.

"i'm not sure about that too, but i think it'd be better if eunha skips school today." he replied.

"what about weiyun? will she be okay?" asked jaemin.

"she won't come, chenle and renjun are staying with her." jeno replied.

"oh renjun? i guess they're fine now, huh?"

"yeah i didn't know about that too until just recently. i guess that's a story for another night." jeno replied, "so uhh if you want to hang around with eunha for today, i think that's a good idea too."

"hey," jaemin started, "are you sure you're fine with all of this? like you asking me to take care of her. we've been best friends for a long time, jeno. i know a lot about you."

"don't worry about me, jaem. she trusts you a lot. i know a lot about you too, and i've never seen you committed to someone. don't worry about me, okay." he replied before continuing, "haechan and seolhyun is skipping school too today. mark-hyung and i will go with miss kim. try to convince her to stay, okay?"

"hey, what about jisung?"

"he'll be fine. we'll stay with him whenever we can. i got to go. take care of her, jaem!"

jaemin managed to mutter a small "bye" before jeno hung up. he walked back into the kitchen to see eunha waiting by the dining table while his mom prepared breakfast.

"good morning, mom." jaemin greeted, giving a peck on his mother's cheek before settling himself on the chair across eunha's.

"eunha," called jaemin, raising his eyebrows every second in a teasing manner before he continued his sentence, "let's skip school today."

"why?" said his mom from behind, "why would you skip school too? i understand if eunha wants to skip,"

"it's just that, jeno said school is going to be hectic today. so i don't want to be involved in any mess that could possibly be created today," he explained.

"why would school be hectic today?" asked eunha.

"just another day in nct. let's skip school, okay?" jaemin persuaded.

"well, eunha and i were actually talking about going to the hospital," said his mom, hands busy scooping the sunny side up eggs to eunha's plate, "she's not in a good shape at the moment. i think it's best that she gets help from the doctors first just to make sure nothing will get worse."

"sure. i can drive and accompany you." jaemin said, the convincing look on his face was a success as eunha nodded.

"okay then. i'll skip school for today." she said.

"alright. that's settled then. jaemin will drive eunha to the hospital and accompany her. meanwhile i, will go out of town to meet your father." jaemin's mom said, voice lowering as she nears the end of her sentence.

"you're meeting dad? but why? did something happen?" asked jaemin in a rush.

"nothing happened, jaemin. i just haven't met up with him and talked about stuffs since-" she stopped, "you know."

"alright. tell dad i miss him. i can drive you there though after i send eunha to the hospital." jaemin said, taking a bite of the breakfast his mother prepared.

"you're not a gentleman if you're going to leave eunha alone at the hospital. stay with her all the time and don't worry about me. i can take the cab to your father." she replied sternly, "i'll get ready first, okay. you two youngsters enjoy your breakfast."

"big day today huh?" asked jeno as he joins mark at the hallway of lockers.

"very. how are you feeling, dude?" mark said after greeting the younger with their handshake.

"eunha gave me a worrying call last night during our meeting, so i woke up worried sick because i didn't hear anything from her at all. she's safe though, with jaemin." replied jeno.

"she's with jaemin? that's unexpected," mark said with a laugh, "yo serious question though because i have no idea, does jaemin like eunha?"

"i thought it was obvious though, hyung." the younger replied, laughing after.

"well but i guess i'll have to say it's amazing how the first thing you talked about is eunha when i asked how you were feeling. that speaks something, don't you think?" mark teased.

"stop it, hyung." replied jeno, jokingly brushing off mark's hand which were resting on his shoulder.

"i haven't seen jaemin today, though. is he coming to school?" asked mark as jisung then came and greeted the pair.

"oh hey jisung." greeted jeno before replying to mark, "i told him about today, so i don't think he'll be coming."

"yah for real? is he skipping practice too? our first basketball tournament is the day after tomorrow though." said mark with a slight panic in his voice.

"why is jaemin-hyung not coming? i heard chenle isn't coming to school too. is something happening today?" asked the youngest.

mark gave a warm smile as he rested his arms on jeno's and jisung's shoulder as they walk together.

"yeah, jeno and i have something to do today. but don't worry, though. we'll keep you safe since you're our baby." said mark, pinching jisung's cheek, receiving laughs from both of his friends as they cringe at his words.

jeno and mark then walked jisung to his first class before going to their respective first classes.

in the middle of their first class, the bell rang and an announcement were made through the school's speaker.

"good morning everyone. this is miss kim speaking. i would like to ask lee mark from fourth year and lee jeno from third year to come meet me in my room. i repeat, i would like lee mark and lee jeno to come meet me in my room. i apologize for the inconvenience and thank you, have a good day everyone."

"it's starting," mark mumbled to himself before excusing himself out of the class.