"Whatever, everything doesn't make sense." She brushed Xavier off. "Anyway, Xemina, I'm working on this dress, and I wonder if you could give me any ideas since you're the daughter-."

She took her drawing iPad in her purse.

"No," I cut her off. I knew what she was asking, and I haven't looked at a design for ages.

My mother was a fashion icon. I loved watching her sketch. I would even draw some designs myself. I wanted to be her when I was little. She was a body of power, and despite her not being present for me or she didn't even try to be a mother to me, she was my role model. After Dad's death, I buried this passion with her. Hatred for her whole humanity filled my heart. I realized I had given my energy to the wrong person. So my life morphed into following my dad's footsteps. I forbade myself ever to draw or look at a sketch. I was nothing like her. I hated her to death, especially after she was planning to send me away.

I may have responded too rough to Agea. She innocently wanted my insight because of my mother's expertise. However, Agea studied to become a fantastic fashion stylist, and she didn't need my advice. She was doing perfectly.

She didn't retort but put back her iPad in her purse.

"Okay...hum, what are your guy's plans for the holiday?" She averted the subject.

"I'm going to Illinois. I have families on my mother's side waiting for me. And my dad will be there, so yay." He sarcastically rolled his eyes.

They turned and looked at me, waiting for me to tell them something exciting. Xavier knew I wasn't going anywhere but still hoped I changed my mind like I had the choice.

"I'm staying here."

The horror in the blonde girl's face made me rolled my eyes. It sounded scary and miserable, but I'm used to being miserable. What was wrong was the way I was comfortable with being miserable.

The bells rang before they could say much. At the exit, Agea joined her formal group back. Julian and I made eye contact before he put his arms over Agea's shoulder. He broke the heavy stare when he turned around the corner and disappeared.

I avoided him all day. It was apparent why. I kept thinking about what Chris told me, and he might be right. It was this odd feeling of embarrassment. He wanted peace, and I wanted war. He wanted to end this stupidity, and I wanted to continue it. Because this was our destiny, destroy each other and the thought of it changing, scared me. What the future held frightened me.

__________

Tomorrow was the last day of testing. I was feeling good so far about the exams. Students were already celebrating the end of this trimester. After the bell rang, they were already screaming, dancing, and jumping everywhere. Well, I couldn't celebrate. I was sad for so many reasons; my heart was filled with anger, sadness, and grief. I concentrated on studying for the last day and my other exams to keep my mind occupied.

My townhouse wasn't even safe for me to study because I felt stressed and claustrophobic inside. I decided to hide in the courtyard behind the theater. It was more of a Garden with a small bridge. Since no one came here because of how far and quiet it was, the garden lived to be beautifully cloistered. The snow was resting on the belated brown leaves, the stream sliding under the narrow and wooded bridge.

I stopped admiring my entourage when I saw a boy standing on the bridge, leaning forward and watching the stream. I tiptoed to see who it was. The crisp sound of dry leaf accidentally crushing under my feet caught his attention. He turned around, and to my surprise and disadvantage, it was Julian.

He was wearing a dark hoodie with the hood over his head which explains why I didn't recognize him and ran away before seeing me.

"What are you doing here?" He vaguely asked as he returned his attention to the stream.