Part 28

By the time they had finished their double entrées neither of them could look at food. Nell had happily filled up on the delicious appetizers and wonderfully creamy pasta, and although she hated to admit it, she was stuffed. 

"I so badly want to order four desserts, but I might die of internal combustion if I eat another bite!" Nell said making Charles nod. 

"I don't think all the laughing or holding in the laughing when Andre was around helped either!" Charles said. 

"We should get out of here, and like jog home." Nell said feeling like a lead balloon on her chair. 

"You are not to be jogging anywhere just yet missy!" Charles scolded making her pout. 

"Fine we can SWIM home! I'm allowed to swim as much as I want!" Nell said.

"Sure, let's swim." He laughed. 

"All finished here? Would either of you like to see a dessert menu?" Nell nearly choked on her drink as she took a sip and watched Andre's face as he offered them even more food.

"Well, what are you linking babe? dessert?" Charles was going to milk this for all of the entertainment value it was worth. 

"Oh honey, should we?" Nell played along.

"Maybe just a small one... something rich and creamy." Charles said looking over the dessert menu from the table. 

"Hmm, Or something fruity?" Nell suggested.

"Oh, you want to know what? we could hit that little all you can eat place on the highway! They have so many choices!" Charles said referring to a huge buffet restaurant not far outside the city. 

"Oh, my yes!" Nell said excitedly clapping her hands. Andre looked a little green. 

"So just the cheque than?" Andre said looking a little relieved. 

"Yes that would be wonderful." Nell leaned in and smiled innocently. 

Andre left and Nell collapsed back into the plush high backed chair. She was grinning from ear to ear and Charles picked up her hand and kissed it. 

"This was so much more fun than I was expecting." Nell said rolling her head to look at Charles.

"Hey." He said offended. 

"No I mean the fancy dinner, I fully expected one of us would be walking out of here with a lasagna hat or a primavera vest." Nell admitted.

"Well there is still time if you feel like your outfit need some accessories. I must admit though, I think you look pretty damn amazing just as you are." He said smiling. 

"I think you are pretty amazing." Nell said softly back. He leaned in and kissed her softly. They were quickly interrupted with a cleared throat. 

"It would appear that your bill has been taken care of. And this was ordered for you to take with you to enjoy." Andre set a well wrapped box on the table and slipped Nell a little slip of paper. 

'Watching young love blossom is the best gift on earth. Your young man certainly only has eyes for you. Keep being brave young lion.'

Nell knew immediately that the note and the dinner were from her bathroom angels. She looked around the room but didn't see either of them among the tables. She sat back and smiled. 

"What? Who paid for our dinner?" Charles was notably shocked. 

"Someone awesome." Nell said keeping her angels a secret.