"He's busy at the moment. Maybe you can drop by some other time." She huffed and both of us knew she was trying to avoid us meeting him.

"May I ask what is keeping him so busy that he can't even come outside to meet his dad?", Liam glared at her.

Okay, maybe the situation was getting a little out of hand. Davina was definitely a lot to handle. First me and now Liam? What is she getting at?

"He's busy with a school project. Unlike some people, we do have work to complete.", she said, folding her hands on her chest while glaring specifically at me.

Oh! I know the comment was directed at me but before I could come up with a retort, Liam beat me to it.

"Davina, stop playing around. I'm not here to pass my time with you. She is very important to me so don't cross your limits. I hope you know better than to get on my bad side.", he said, pointing a finger at her while eyes darting from her to me.

"Besides, this is my house so you have no right to make it yours. I still have it on my name and you're just like a tenant here. So don't get mistaken to make his yours." I could see how furious Davina looked but kept quiet. She knew she'll be getting herself in trouble if she tried to cross her limits. "Anyways, I don't need anyone's permission to meet my son. You're his mother so act like one. Don't try to outsmart me!"

Okay! Liam was actually furious.

Davina had definitely done something hell to deserve his wrath. If I were her, I would stay away from any sort of trouble but she seems to be okay with calling things on herself.

"I'll call him", was all she said. Only if she could have understood that earlier, she wouldn't have to face such humiliation.

She went upstairs to call Riley while Liam and I seated myself on the grey couch. We were talking about what just happened and how to handle things when we heard Riley.

"Daaaadddyyyyyyyyyy", he came down from his room, screaming and hugged Liam instantly. Liam also bent down on his knees to hug him and them stood up, carrying Riley in his arms.

"My God! You're growing up so fast, boy!", he said, talking in a childish way. I saw the sudden change in Liam's mood when he met Riley. He was annoyed but the moment he saw Riley running towards him, his face lit up.

AWWWWWW THAT'S SO CUTE!

"Daddy, you know I'm the tallest in my class. They say that I'm strong, too", Riley said using his hand gestures to demonstrate how big he had become.

Liam laughed on his cute attempt to make himself taller than his father. Riley was really a sweet child. While the father-son duo was busy in catching up, I saw Davina shooting daggers at me from the corner of the room.

My insides laughed on her condition. Well, it's not my fault that she's a bitch.

"Hi Riley, I'm Privi. Nice to meet ya", I said, extending my hand towards him. He looked at me like I was some ghost and hugged Liam.

"What's wrong, Riley? At least say 'hello' to her.", Liam said while rubbing Riley's back who was trying to cover away from me.

Riley said something in Liam's ears and his eyes shot straight to Davina. Oh God! What did she do now?

"What your mum says is definitely not true. Haven't I come to meet you here? In fact, I've got something for you that aunt Privi told me to buy.", he said. Liam signaled me to give him what we bought for him. I reached for my bag and took out a box of chocolate from it. I handed it over to Liam but he refused. Instead, he wanted me to give that to Riley.

I stood up from the couch and handed it over to Riley.

"There you go little boy! I'm sure you're gonna love these!", I said, smiling at him.

"Are you sure you're not going to steal my Daddy?", he said with teary eyes.

"What? Of course not! Who said that? Riley, he's your daddy before anything else. You can have him all for yourself!", I said chuckling at him.

"Okay, then I'll take these", he said, taking the box of chocolates from me. He opened the box immediately and his face lit up the moment he saw the contents. "Wow! These are my favorite! How did you know about them? Did daddy tell you?", he said, eyeing me with suspicion.

"No Sherlock! Of course not! Your daddy didn't even know about them. In fact, they are my favorite, too!", I said. We both giggled at my comment. Liam chuckled when he saw the two us getting along well. "So Mr. Sherlock, can we shake hands now?", I said, extending my hand out to him.

He took my hand willingly this time. I was happy to make friends with someone so close to Liam. After Josh, it's Liam who matters to me the most.

We sat there for some time, talking to Riley and playing games with him. The day went well, besides the frequent glares that I received from Davina. Definitely, she didn't like her plotting going in vain after I made peace with Riley.

I didn't care about Davina. What mattered to me were the two boys sitting in front of me, busy with each other.

Hey guys, I like the fierce Privi over here, not the one she used to be in front of James. Finally, things are going well between them. We're very close to the happy ending of this chapter so stay tuned and don't forget to Like, Comment and Vote.