Chapter 28

Privi's POV

I knew that I may have made a mistake by agreeing so soon on meeting Riley and Davina. I've heard a lot of things about her and don't know how many of them are true. I just hope I don't fall flat on my face because this was indeed a bizarre decision.

I told Liam about being comfortable around his ex and child but only I knew what was going inside my head. Anyways, one day or another I had to face his past. So, I gathered all the confidence I had and stepped inside her mansion. My eyes bolted out of their socket when I saw how well she had maintained her house. It looked beautiful inside out. The diamond-like chandelier that hung from the ceiling of the living room, the beautiful velvet grey sofa set that lay in the middle of the room made it feel like a heaven all together. No doubt she had such good taste in things, men included.

But that's her fault that she betrayed someone like Liam who loved her so much. I just hope he never faces the same sorrow in his life again. While I was busy in complimenting the beauty of the place, I heard someone clear their throat. I turned around and there she stood.

She wore a pink sundress which looked way too revealing for a sundress, paired up with black stilettos while hair tied up in a messy bun. She looked like an absolute definition of one of those magazine models. One couldn't say that she was a mom to a 5-year-old child or was he 4. I wasn't sure about his age. She walked towards us with her heels clattering on the floor, making very cringing sound.

It was that sound when someone runs their nails across a black board in order to make others quiet or just make them shut their ears because you feel like grinding your teeth.

Yes, it was that cringe!

There goes the first impression.

Maybe what I read about her was actually true.

"I see I have some guests today", she said smiling at Liam and then looking at me from top to bottom. The way that her eyes scanned me was making me feel conscious about my attire. I wore a black jumpsuit which had pearls on the top, while sleeves were made of lace. She eyed me and I understood what she was trying to do.

Make me feel useless and a piece of shag that just didn't compliment Liam.

Well, I stared down at her with equal intensity because she came from a well to do family, worked as a model so she had to look like one always but I was a normal person. Unlike her, I didn't cheat on anyone, I never got myself pregnant and tried to burden it down on someone else. At least, I was the definition of normal human.

"Hi Davina, nice to meet you", I said with the brightest and the chirpiest voice. Liam looked at me as if I had grown two heads. I knew he understood what I just did. I gave him a sheepish smile while rubbing the back of my head.

"Aren't you quite the birdy one over here?", she said, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Well, if me being happy bothers you then what can I say", I said sarcastically.

"Well said! I thought you were just another one of his flings that he's just having fun with." She smirked, satisfied by her comment.

"Oh no definitely not! I don't think I'll ever be able to be like you. You're the definition of that. I'm happy to be the odd one out over here", I said, putting my best act out there. After all, media doesn't cook stories in air.

"Girl! Watch your tongue over there. You're standing in my house!", she said pointing her fingers and narrowing her eyes at me.

"Okay, stop it girls! I'm not here to witness any cat fights. Where is Riley, anyways?", Liam intruded.