Chapter 14

Privi's POV

"I went to his cabin to ask about the work so he told me to tell you about his plans. He's planning on kicking you out if you don't go and apologize to him", Eliana said with despair in her tone. I couldn't believe my ears. He's planning all this! I'm yet to find a job. I haven't got one yet. What am I going to do? How am I going to manage everything?

"What??? How can he do that? Eli, I still haven't found a job for myself. How am I going to manage everything?", I said, almost on the verge of crying.

"Don't worry Privi, we'll figure out something", she said trying to comfort me.

I was devastated to hear that. I should have thought about it. I've been behaving very badly with him these days. What else could be expected of him! But never in a million years am I going to apologize to him. He's done way too much damage to deserve an apology.

3 years ago

"Good morning, my name is Privi Sihag. I'm here for an interview", I said to the receptionist showing her my appointment letter.

"Sure thing, Ms Sihag. Please wait here. I'll call you when the boss is free from the previous candidate", she said.

It was only a few minutes before I was called in. I knocked on the door and entered the cabin. When I stepped inside, he was there, James Michael, was sitting on his chair. He offered me a seat and asked me to show my documents to him. I was not much qualified but had a hell lot of experience. I lost my parents in a car accident when I was only 15. So, I started working as an assistant with a neighboring store. He knew our family well so offered me the job. I had a brother too, to look after. The police wanted us to go to foster home but that would mean Josh and I staying with different families. I couldn't afford to lose the only family I had, so I ran away with him and started working at a local store. It was difficult to complete my schooling but I did it anyway because that's the least qualification required for any kind of job.

I'm 18 now so I preferred to work for some company to earn better so that I could manage the finances and other things all by myself. By this time, even Josh knew about our conditions so he tried to drop out of school to help me. However, that was the last thing I wanted him to do. That's when I ended up interviewing for Michael Corporations.

James looked at my qualifications and made faces. I knew at that moment that I'm going to lose this interviews as well, but something changed on his face. He started going through my experience certificates and looked at me. James was impressed by the amount of experience I had managed to gain in the last 3 years. He immediately appointed me for the job. I was so happy that day because my salary would almost be triple the amount I am getting right now. I was appointed as his personal secretary so I went to almost all the tours with him and that's when we started coming closer. One night, after we were getting home from a corporate party, he took me to his place as I had lost my keys at the party venue. I never knew that going to his place would become the biggest mistake of my life. He was 26 and I was 18. I knew the age gap was very much but I started falling for him from the very first day. He also favored me in almost everything. We had also started dating but that night, when I went to his place, I got the shock of my life.

The moment we entered, we were greeted by his WIFE! He was fucking married!!!! He never bothered to tell me that he was already married. Nobody in the office ever mentioned about him being married, though, many of them knew about us dating. I was broken! My heart was shattered in a million pieces! He thought that his wife was out of town and that's why he decided to take me to his place. But to his astonishment, she came back early to give him a surprise. Guess what? She got the shock of her life. His wife thought that James was just helping me because he never turned up with any female at home, but never in her dreams had she imagined what her husband was doing behind her back. I, straight away, aimed for the door and decided to leave even if I had to stay on the streets for the night. Josh was having a sleepover at his friend's place so I couldn't even call him. That was the night I decided to never trust anyone, blindly, in my life.