Everything went smoothly for a while before a truck was coming from the opposite way. Seemed like Jungkook noticed that the truck was exactly moving towards Ria's grand father's car.

Jungkook was quick to get out of the car as he pushed the door and got on top of the car and asked me to increase the speed of the car.

I followed his words and increased the speed of the car.

I noticed that the truck started speeding but Ria's grand father was unaware of the danger.

As time passed, the truck was so close to the car and right that instant, Ria's grand father lost control over his car and was in a helpless state.

The truck was about to hit his car, I instantly closed my eyes.

I slowly opened my eyes as I heard no sound of crashing.

And I saw a red fumes surrounding that huge truck as if it was preventing it from moving further.

I quickly got out of the car and found Jungkook near the truck. The person managed to escape from here.

Jungkook and I helped Ria's grand father get out of the car as he was still in a shock. He got into senses after a while and he still couldn't believe it.

"I guess you understood what my words from yesterday meant. Your life is in danger." Jungkook's words sounded cold.

TIME SKIP...

We helped Ria's grand father reach to the office, her grand daughter was already there in the office so, it was perfect for us to explain the situation.

"Grandpa, are you alright?" Ria looked worried as she noticed her grandpa's unusual ness.

"Your grandpa just escaped death." Ria was shocked.

"W-What do you mean? What happened, Jungkook?" Ria's fear was shown in her voice.

"Someone's trying to kill your grand father to get hold of his company and wealth." He took a seat as he explained.

"W-Who is it?" She hesitantly asked.

Right that moment, I saw Lila enter into the office. She rushed to her Ria with a worried face. "Ria, are you alright? Did something happen?" Lila faked her concern.

Ignoring her words, Ria questioned Jungkook again.

"Who is trying to kill my grandfather?" She sounded serious making Jungkook laugh.

"You wanna know who's the master mind behind this?" Jungkook's words got hold of Lila's attention. She looked at anxious.

"Tell me NOW!" Ria raised her voice.

Jungkook chuckled.

"Alright, if you really wanna know."

Jungkook really knows how to stir things up.

"It's the girl beside you, your friend...Lila." Both Ria and her grandfather were shocked.

"What the hell do you mean? Why will I kill someone who is like my own grandfather?" Lila's words convinced me that she is a great actress.

"Is Jungkook saying the truth?" Ria's voice sounded terrifying. "No way, Ria. You are my best friend. How could I do that you? You are doubting me just because of the words from this trash?" Lila was way too angry at Jungkook and looked like she wanted to kill him.

The audacity of this bitch to call Jungkook a trash!

"Ria, he is lying. Believe me. How did he know that grandpa is gonna get into an accident today? Maybe he is the one who planned it but he himself saved grandpa and threw all the blame at me." Lila had some dirty tricks up her sleeves.

Ria and her grandfather looked at Jungkook not knowing whom to believe.

This girl left me no choice.

I slowly walked towards them and placed my phone on the table.

"I have recorded Lila's voice when she was talking about murdering your grandfather on phone." I was quick witted at the moment and knew that this recording would be useful later.

Both of them managed to swallow the real face of Lila after hearing the recording.

Lila was fuming with anger and I saw her take out a knife from her pocket.

"BITCH!" She aimed her knife at me but failed to stab me as I caught her hair and flipped her over preventing her from stabbing me.

I leaned over and whispered into her ear.

"Please know that I can murder someone easily and then than you can." I let her fall on the ground as I finished.

"SECURITY." Ria's grandfather shouted and had so many people enter into this office.

Those people got hold of Lila.

"Don't worry about her, I will take care. And thank you for saving my life. I would like to invite both of you to dinner as a token of appreciation." Ria's grandfather made it impossible for us to refuse.

TIME SKIP...

Jungkook and I had to go to Ria's house as we couldn't refuse her grandfather.

They welcomed us gratefully and dropped us in the heaven as I saw a lot of delicious dishes placed infront of me.

I think...I am going to lose decency in eating tonight.

"Please make yourself comfortable." The old man indirectly asked us to dig in.

Finally abandoning my decency, I became a glutton at once.

I took my time to dropped all the dishes into my stomach.

As soon as we finished our dinner, this old man started a conversation and prolonged it for what felt like ages.

They offered to give money for saving them but we refused as we aren't in need of money.

I just sat on the couch hearing them talk and constantly yawned but no one bothered to notice.

And that was I moment, I fell asleep.

JUNGKOOK P.O.V...

All of a sudden, I felt something heavy fall on my shoulders and I saw Y/n who was sleeping peacefully.

I chuckled knowing about this sleepy head.

"Your friend is asleep, I guess. Why don't you both stay here for tonight?" Ria proposed but I instantly refused.

"Sorry, we gotta go." They couldn't speak anything.

I lifted Y/n in my arms as I didn't want to disturb her.

Ria walked me out and just as we were about to bid goodbye...

"Hey, Jungkook. Did you think about my proposal?" Ria hesitantly asked me hoping to not hear something which she didn't want to.

"I think I have mentioned this before, I am not interested in becoming your boyfriend." She had to hear what she didn't want to.

"Is it...because of her?" She said looking at Y/n who was peacefully sleeping in my arms.

"Yes." I smiled.

"Why does it have to be her? Is it because she is beautiful? I believe I can-" I interrupted her from speaking further.

"It just has to be her. Because...I can't guarantee my life without her." I finished as I looked at Y/n.

I love her more than I love myself.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Please follow me if you like this story, this is my profile 👉 haru__bts (click on it and follow)

Hope you liked this chapter!

Don't forget to vote. Comment below to let me know whether this chapter was boring or not.

See you in the next part.