𝗙𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝟙 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗮𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗙𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝗹𝗹.

'How long had it been since I last saw you? How long had it been since you had fallen ill?'

Sasuke looks at the frail body in front of him.

'Who was this? Is this really Naruto..?'

"It's been a year... Naruto.."

Sasuke glares at the body expecting an answer. But yet the room was yet silent.

He doesn't look himself. He wouldn't know who he was if he didn't know him before hand, before this.

He couldn't recognize him.

This wasn't the man that proved the whole village wrong.

This isn't the man that was like a sun to most that laid eyes on him.

This isn't the man that was always smiling.

This isn't the man he had fallen in love with.

————

•Sasuke's Point of View•

'When was the last time I saw you smiling?'

I was left in my own thoughts that were suffocating me. I wish I could recall all the good memories of us. I will pick my favorites to keep me company. I just have one question Naruto.

"Why did you leave me alone again?" Sasuke stands above the body expecting an answer.

Yet there was just silence.

The silence was suffocating me. Silence was never upon us. There was always simple laughter. Going on about anything and everything. I thought I was living in a dream. It was a lonely dream before you came along. Lighting up the room with your smiles and laughter.

I would think you were my guardian angel. A beautiful guardian angel.

When I was trapped in my own thoughts. You were always there to snap me out of it.

"Oi Sasuke!" You'll assure. Complaining how I wasn't paying attention.

I start to chuckle that that memory.

You always had a comforting tone in your voice when you'll snap me out of my thoughts. Yet you'll try to cover it up, and act like you didn't care about me. That's what really stuck out to me about you.

It was always you.

Now I'm here left with my thoughts and memories without your reassurance.

•Flashback - Still Sasuke's Point of View•

I still remember the day you got sick. You would always say your fine and we'll continue our day.

We were hanging out just walking around talking about anything and everything.

You'll start coughing then start saying,

"S-sorry about that! I'm alright now!"

Then go on skipping. I didn't really believe you. But I thought it was just a passing cold. That's what I hoped it was.

I notice there was blood on your sleeve. I wish I would've said something.. Anything!

After that you'll run off saying you need to do something important.

'I have a bad feeling about this.'

I'll always think. Yet I never did anything on that thought.

You'll walk away from me. Farther then I could reach.

You had stopped running away from me. The coughing would start again but worst. Blood was on the floor now. You were holding your throat from coughing to much. You couldn't stop it. It just kept coming.

'What is wrong with me?!'

You'll have running through your head trying to find where you went wrong.

You had lost consciousness. You were laying on the hard gravel. Blood left on the side of your mouth.

"Naruto."

"Naruto!"

"Naruto!!"

"NARUTO!!"

I was begging you to wake up, open your eyes. So I would be trapped inside those ocean eyes of your's, once again.

You'd remind me of the sea. Beautiful yet so much untold, unspoken of.

I want to know more about why you are the way you are. Hated by the whole village yet so cheerful at the same time.

I dialed 911 in my phone. Hoping it wasn't to late.

"Hello. This is 911 how may we help you?" The dispatcher on the end of phone would question.

"Hello, uh my boyfriend just passed out. He was coughing small amounts of blood before! He started non-stop coughing and was coughing out large amounts of blood! Now he's not waking up!" I was panicking.

"Ok I understand the situation now does he still have a pulse? Is he still breathing?"

'How is she so calm while I'm freaking out!'

I checked his pulse. He still had a pulse and was light breathing.

"Y-yes he still has a pulse and he is breathing! But it is very light!"

"Ok thank you for the information. An ambulance will be on it's way."

"Ok thank you!" I hung up on the dispatcher.

•Flashback end•

"I still blame myself everyday for not doing something sooner, and preventing this."

Word Count : 772