Moving to the back of your bed you take the book from your nightstand and get comfortable, still not liking the fact that you're not allowed to work again.
It just isn't fair to you that you just have to whine a tiny bit and boom, you get to do nothing the whole day.

Minutes pass and you read a few pages, wondering which of the foods from yesterday was the one that caused all this mess and then there is a knock at the door.
You look up, saying 'yes?' loudly and you raise your eyebrows while you watch Alcina coming in.
Then you spot the cup in her hand and a smile grows on your face. 

,,I made you a cup of tea", she says softly as she places the steaming liquid on your nightstand and your heart flutters when she gently runs a hand through your hair ,,I'll check up on you later. If you need anything, just tell me. Okay?".
,,Okay", you nod and she cups your face a moment running her fingertips over your cheek what causes the corners of your mouth to raise even more.

Alcina then leaves and you lean back against your pillows, the warm feeling in your chest doesn't leave even when you pick up your book again and you bring your focus back to reading.

So, you're not sure how exactly you interpreted the 'I'll check up on you later' part but you didn't expect her to knock about twenty minutes later to ask how you're feeling, neither that she would come back again after another twenty minutes. And that that would happen about three times more.

You can't help the grin when it finally knocks for the sixth time and she doesn't even wait for you to call her in to step into the room. 
,,You know, you could just stay here instead of coming back every few minutes", you say while Alcina walks over to you and she purses her lips, putting a new cup of tea down.
,,I don't want to bother you while reading".

,,My lady, there is no way you could bother me", you say, her mouth curling upwards and you slide to the right side of the large bed to make some space for her.
,,How are you feeling now?", she asks after sitting down and you reach over to take the cup of tea.
,,I'm better, the tea is helping a lot", you say and take a sip ,,So… Nothing really changed in those last twenty minutes".

Alcina chuckles and you look up to her, smiling when you see how amused she looks.
,,Pardon me for interrupting you that often", she says and rests her arm on the head piece of the bed ,,It was an odd feeling being in my office without you. A little too calm".
,,Am I really that loud?", you ask with furrowed eyebrows and she smiles.
,,Not really, but I used to work alone for the longest time and therefore nobody was there to complain about the amount of papers they have to go through".
You grin subtly and look down to your blanket.

The only reason why you actually complain about anything around Alcina is the fact that you simply feel very comfortable around her. You know she won't be mad at you for saying something is too much, or too little, if you want or don't want to do something. She would try to find a solution for your problem instead. 

You take a deep breath and lean your head against her side, she brings her arm around your shoulder now and let you snuggle into her even more. That's also something you feel immensely comfortable with, being physically close to her and knowing that she doesn't mind, it makes you genuinely happy. 

,,Daniela told me about the picnic you had yesterday", Alcina then says, her hand slowly stoking over your hair and you close your eyes just for a second to enjoy her gentle touch  ,,And that you met Donna".
,,I did, yes", you nod and smile lightly ,,I really like her. Angie is a little… Wild, but Donna is just the sweetest and she is so pretty, too."
,,She is, yes"; Alcina says and you don't fail to notice how she furrows her eyebrows, nor how she purses her lips a little.

You giggle and lean your head back to fully look up to her. ,,Don't worry, you'll always be the prettiest", you half-joke and now she lowers her gaze, staring down at you.