10

~

~The Next Day~ Nomad~

I went over to the training room to meet up with Adam for more training. We're going to train all day today just like yesterday, but at least I get to learn how to control water and do some healing. I think having healing abilities will come in real handy, especially out in the field.

Once I get into the training room, I find Adam preparing some things. I think I'm early, but I went over to him just to see if he might need a hand.

"Need any help setting up?" I ask him.

"No, I have everything we need. We don't need a whole lot for this training session. You're early," Adam says with a friendly grin.

"Yeah, I didn't have anything better to do," I say.

"Must be eager to train more," Adam says, and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Maybe that's the reason," I say. "So, what are we doing first?"

"I figure we would spar a bit to get us ready for all the other stuff you're learning," Adam says.

"I'm down with that," I say.

"Let's head on over to the mat," Adam says, and I follow him to the mat. I notice there were some other guys here and they were all watching us. I don't know how I feel about that. I'm not sure if I want a crowd.

After we got onto the mat, we position ourselves and start sparing. I was able to keep up with him and did some of the moves I somehow knew from yesterday as well as some new stuff that I had no idea that I could do. After we sparred a bit, we suddenly went into spears. We sparred with spears and luckily I was able to block his attack in different ways.

"Not bad. Seems like you've picked up some new stuff," Adam says after he made his spear disappear.

"I wonder what more I can pick up," I say as I made my spear disappear.

"Guess we'll have to see. Come on, let's start training you with water," Adam says, then we get off the mat and went over to this one spot.

"Everyone in here was watching us," I say as I slightly look around.

"Yeah, and you didn't let that bother you, which is good. A lot of times we have sparing contests just for fun, but we do have an annual sparing contest for the whole Unit, and so far no one has been able to beat Storm," Adam says as he was putting water inside this huge bowl.

"Can anyone beat Storm at anything?" I ask since Storm does seem like an unbeatable person.

"Huh, now that you mention it, I'm not even sure. I'm sure there is someone here that did beat Storm at something, but you actually broke one of her records," Adam says, and I was a little bit shocked that he said I broke one of her records.

"Which one was that?" I ask.

"Her swimming record. She can swim from the deep end to the shallow end in two minutes, but you did it in one minute," Adam answers.

"Wow... And I guess no one has been able to beat her record," I say.

"Nope, no one was able to beat that record, not even close."

"Until I did somehow."

"You should be pretty proud of that. No one can beat Storm's records no matter how hard we train. She's pretty much good at everything from strength to speed and from weapons to knowing how to use all the elements," Adam says.

"Sounds like a badass."

"Yeah, we do consider her that. All right, let's start with some basic stuff on how to control water," Adam says as he steps away from the bowl.