Chapter 5

ROBIN

It didn't even take much effort on his part to drag me to the waiting SUV and dump me in the backseat. He'd come prepared with duct tape. My head bounced against the seat with the force that he'd thrown me inside. I began screaming with the ball of cloth still lodged inside my mouth.

I felt a knife digging into the side of my cheek which is when I went silent. I stared into eyes so dark, they were pitch black.

It felt like staring into a void.

Terror filled my lungs.

Those eyes held some kind of horror.

I'm just so fucking stupid.

Someone like me would only be constituted as suicidal. Gage was definitely homicidal which only meant we were a perfect match.

"Do not scream. I'm going to take off your gag." He instructed silently.

He wore a half mask that covered his eyes, it was a silver wolf mask.

There was a sense of authority in his calm voice, something that one should think twice before messing with. It sent chills down my spine. I'd be crazy not to heed his words.

A set of handcuffs were placed on my wrists, and then he pulled out the gag, and before I could get a word out, a piece of duct tape was slapped over my mouth.

It was going to hurt when it came off, that is if he didn't hurt me with torture devices before that.

I shook my head furiously. He cocked his head, "What? Want me to remove the tape? I'll take it off if you behave."

I nodded.

The asshole pulled it off causing sharp pain on my lips and he shoved me into the seat and I then I heard the locks turning.

There was a netted partition between the front seat and the back where I lay. I squirmed trying to sit upright.

The speakers blared with heavy metal music. The sound of the electric guitar strummed inside the car, the emphatic lyrics following through. He'd played that music on purpose so that if I screamed, no one would hear sounds, they would only assume there was a death metal fan driving through the streets and ignore him.

And yet it was ironic to have the music as the background for my kidnapping.

He had carefully thought this through.

I kicked the back of his seat to get his attention but it wasn't of any use. He ate a French fry while he drove like he hadn't just abducted and tied a woman in his backseat.

After what felt like two hours, the car rolled into a gravel road, unpaved, surrounded by thick trees. The car came to a halt and that's when my fear spiked even further. The door of the backseat opened and I was hauled out and manhandled, dangling over his shoulders, upside down. I screamed at the top of my lungs, my fists thumping against his back.

"Let me goooooo!"

When I noticed that he was taking me to a small rundown cabin in the middle of the woods, I completely lost it. With the incessant screaming, I was also trying to overpower him but being handled upside down was making matters worse. The blood was rushing to my head.

He kicked the door open and placed me on the floor in the far corner of the room. To think he hadn't even locked the door told me how fucking conceited he was. He didn't think he'd get caught, not if he wanted to.

I tried to remember the details of the cabin, in case this wasn't a game and if it turned out to be real, I had to remember where I was and be able to describe this place...