030

August 20, 2016

"He's been quiet for some time now," I said to my pops. "He might have already found the little thing he wanted."

"I don't want us to be sitting around like ducks waiting for something to happen," he said. "We need to find him and put an end to this."

"I'll get with Kev and see what we gon do," I said.

"You still have your grandfather's book?" He asked.

"Yeah. I haven't read it in a while tho. It's really just him describing his love for maw maw and I didn't really care bout that."

"Well you might find something in there, so keep reading," he said as I nodded then got up to leave.

"Where's my grandchildren?" Mama said when I walked into the living room.

"Hello to you too mother," I said walking to her, who was sitting on the couch, and kissing her on her forehead. "Vadah wanted to take them to the park with her sister."

"You should be with them Chris. I don't want her to get attacked again," she said sounding concerned.

"She don't want me over her shoulder all day, and her magic is growing everyday even teaching the boys some things."

She let out a deep breath. "Alright, send them my love."

"Will do," I said kissing her on the forehead again then leaving out.

...

"How y'all like the park?" I said kneeling down in front of the twins.

"It was fun daddy," Troy said eating a yellow snow cone.

"We got snow cones," Rodney said showing me his purple snow cone.
"It's grape."

"Nice I bet it taste great," I said as they walked off. I walked into the kitchen where Vadah was cooking some food.

"Y'all ain't get me no snow cone," I said coming up behind Vadah and hugging her. I kissed her on her neck.

She smiled. "I'll get you one next time."

I pushed up on her as she moved her head to the side to give me more access to her neck.

"Uh uh back up," Rodney said getting in between us and pushing our legs apart. He was shaking his head with purple all over his face. Troy was just watching while eating his snow cone.

"Boy what you doing," Vadah laughed.

"What ya brother doing?" I asked Troy as he shrugged his shoulders and kept on eating his snow cone.

"Come on Rod we need to wash that stuff off your face," I said walking towards the bathroom.

"Okay let's get you cleaned up," I said lifting him ontop of the counter. I got a baby wipe and started to clean his face off. Blood had started to come out his nose.

His nose gets like that when he does spells.

"Rod?" I asked wiping the blood off his face as he looked up at me. "Did y'all do a spell today?"

He nodded his head. "Mama had showed us a spell that brings flowers back to life, and we tried it on some flowers at the park. No one saw us I swear."

I went to go throw the wipe away.

"Pops?" He softly spoke.

"Huh?"

"Why doesn't Troy's nose get like this when he does spells?"