016

PRESENT DAY
February 20, 2030

"Did y'all find him?" Troy asked.

"No actually we didn't get any new leads til months later," I said as I relaxed more into my seat.

October 13, 2006

"We've been looking everywhere Chris there is nothing there," my mom said.

For the last couple of months, I had gotten my pops to move the focus to finding who started the search for the Opes, but we've be hitting dead ends since.

"Are you sure Kendrick wasn't the one looking for the Opes?" She asked.

"Ken. His name was Ken, and he was to high on drugs to care about the Opes," I said. "Mama this guy or woman is the only think we got to finding this Opes at the moment."

"I know Chris. It's just y'all have been at this for a couple of days straight. Don't you think y'all need a break?"

"Mama, we don't know who this person is or what they are capable of."

"Christopher you have to stop stressing over this," my mom said sounding concerned.

"Ma I'm fine," I said starting to pace in the back and forth.

"Have you talked to Vadah?" She bluntly asked.

"No, I haven't told her that she's my bloodmate," I said.

"You should go see her. It's messing with you Chris. We need to be 100% for when we get more information. "

"Yeah maybe," I said.

"I have to go mama," I said walking over to her and placing a kiss on her forehead before walking out the house and into my car.

I should go see her but that boyfriend of hers is always around. Andrew, I think his name is. Against my better judgment, I went over there. When I got there, someone seemed to be there. No car was in the driveway, but I could hear a heartbeat coming from inside the house. I got out, walked up to the door and knocked on it.

"Hello Chris, what you doing here?" Vadah asked when she opened the door.

I let out a deep breath, "We need to talk." She moved aside letting me in the house.

"Yo boyfriend not here?" I asked knowing she hates when I call Andrew her boyfriend.

"You know that's not my boyfriend," she said making a disgusted face at me.

"You never know these days. Does he know that?," I said sitting down on the couch.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked sitting down on the couch. "Anyway, what you want to talk to me about?"