026

Present day
April 20, 2030

"Where's your brother?" I asked Rodney.

"He had to go to school today," he said as he fixed him a plate of left over shrimp fried rice that I had.

"What you gon do with yo life?" I asked him sitting down at the island in my kitchen.

"What you mean? I do things," he said getting defensive.

"Working at the club is not really doing anything with your life," I said.

"What? You want me to go to college like Troy?" He scoffed. "You didn't go to college."

"I'm not saying you have to go to college. I'm saying don't put yourself in a box. Go explore the world."

He nodded as he ate his shrimp fried rice. "I think I found my mate."

I smiled. "That's good. Don't be like yo pops and wait so long."

"I'm not fo sho," he said as we laughed. "Now where was we at in the story?"

"I really wanted to wait for Troy, but I guess you can tell him," I said. "We're at the part where Ace almost killed your mother."

He stopped eating and looked up at me. "You deadass? He tried to come for ma?" I nodded my head.

He chuckled. "Boy wait till I get him."

"Yeah he almost got y'all. What is it the kids these days say? Damn double homicide?" I said as Rodney laughed. "Well it would've been Damn triple homicide."

He burst out laughing. "You wildin for that pops."

"This is how your mother told me it went down."

21 years earlier

November 24, 2009
Vadah's POV

I have a doctor's appointment with my OBGYN aka Egypt, and Chris is out of town with his father, so Troy has volunteered to take me to my appointment which I didn't have a problem with cause Troy has become like my new bestfriend. I help with his relationship, and he buys me all the food my pregnant ass could ever want or ask for.

I had just got out the shower and was getting dressed.

I was gonna wear a dress, but I felt like I looked fat, so I took it off

There was a light knock on my bedroom door.