Stop interrupting me! (6)

I jump away screaming as Dax comes towards me again.

"Chapin!" Grey sighs in annoyance.

"What?" I shout. Dax is a cool dude, like a brother to me, but when he gets that, that look on his face its like I can feel him eating my soul!

"Can you actually try?" I glare at my brother. Its not my fault that I'm a wimp! He rolls his eyes as Shane laughs from the side lines. I glare at him and he looks at me shocked. I look towards Dax with a new determination. He rushes towards me and I can here my fathers voice in my head.

Find a weak spot and play defence.

I do as I'm told and notice that before moving, he sort of hesitates everytime so you can kind of anticipate where he is going to strike. I jump up making it so he can't kick my feet out from under me and thrust my elbow forward into his stomach. He walks back as I lift my hands to cover my face. I play defence for a while, just dodging his punches before I'm too slow and Dax hits me hard in the stomache. I feel the wind get knocked out of me as I lose my footing and I feel myself falling towards the ground. I feel arms wrap around me. I look up to see my brother holding me close inspecting me.

"You HIT her!" Shane is yelling at Dax who looks angry at himself.

"I didn't mean to-"

"But you did." Shane's voice is so low and sexy at that moment, Mariah purrs in my head. I clear Mariah's naughty thoughts before looking to see Shane has Dax by his collar. Grey is looking between Shane and I and I know that he knows we are mates. I sigh as I attempt to stand, the only reason I got standing is because Grey helped me, and I walk over to them.

"Shane it's fine, I was too slow-"

"He hit you! He could have stopped himself."

"And if he didn't where would that get me?" They all look at me shocked and confused. "In a real fight, the person I am fighting wont stop, they'll keep going, I have to learn to continue even through the pain." Dax flinches when I say pain, but I just ignore it.

"Are you ok?" Shane asks grabbing my hands and inspecting my body. I shake him off and turn to see my father walking towards us.

"Shane, your mother and father are looking for you. Something about leaving." Dad says. Mariah wimpers in my head as I take a sharp breath in.

"Tell them that I want to help train Chapin."

"You could just tell us yourself." Terrance replies coming out of nowhere.

"I want to help with training. They need more dicipline." Grey snarls at Shane as dad glares at him. Mariah is on edge ready to fight for her mate.

"My pack is disciplined."

"Dad," Grey starts but I cut in.

"Dad they just want to help."

"My son is right your pack could use more discipline, your daughter is a prime example." Dad and Grey growl at Terrance as Shane shoots his father a death look.

"Excuse me Terrance, but you better watch what you say about my daughter." Dad snarls.

"I don't mean to be rude. It's just that if other packs come a visit and even hear the attitude that your daughter pulls when we are around they wouldn't take you seriously. I'm saying this for your own good Drake. I mean not everyone can have a perfectly disciplined pack like we do-"

"Terrance." Ariel cuts in. He looks towards his wife and mate. "We are guests, this is their pack land and I don't think other packs would let us come if they heard that you disrespected Alpha Drake."