Get your filthy hands off him (9)

After the announcer calls my name I walk down the stairs and my eyes meet his. I smile and make my way to the opposite side of the yard knowing if I walk right up to him it would be suspicious. Mariah is growling in my head. I mingle for a little mostly staying with Ari, Ava or Hunter. It gets hard because Ari has Logan and Hunter can't keep her hands off of Dusty. Ava and I walk around shaking everyone's hands. It seems like there are a lot of unmated females here.

When the dancing begins I have to run to the bathroom to control Mariah. She wants to fight every female that dances with him. Every dance it's a new girl. When I finally close Mariah out I join the party. Rory has asked a blushing Ava to dance and I am left with Beth. She and I aren't close but it's better than no one.

A boy from a different pack comes over to me. "William of the GFK pack, delta."

"Chapin of the DYS pack, Alpha's daughter." I nod at him.

"Would you like to dance?" I nod. He leads me to the dance floor. I can feel Shane's eyes on me. I dance with William but it's nothing special. Some girls, I'm guessing they are from his pack, glare at me but I'm honestly no threat since I have a mate. After that it seems I am passed from boy to boy. Each from a different pack. Each bland and will make a different girl happy, it's just not me. Finally I feel sparks. I look up.

"You look radiant. Most beautiful girl here." I smile at my mate.

"Thank you." I smile at him, it's the first real smile that has been on my face all night. I rest my head on his chest and close my eyes just breathing him in. He holds me so close it feels almost as if he's just hugging me. I hear Ava and Hunter 'aww' through our private link. The song changes too soon and I know he has to dance with someone else.

I excuse myself and go to the refreshments table. I down some water as Grey approaches me. "That was not very sneaky." I glare at him not in the mood. He walks away and I'm thankful he does. I do not dance with anyone else for the rest of the night.

I did notice this girl. She has danced with Shane five times now tonight and it's getting on my nerves. She smiles at him and I know that look in her eyes. "Chapin? You okay?" Ari asks me as I glare daggers at the girl.

"I'll be fine when she leaves Shane alone." I nod towards them where she is going up for a sixth dance. No one else has done that.

"Chapin?" Ava looks at me worried. I'm just waiting for her to make one wrong move. She trips in front of Shane and he catches her. I can hear her telling him that's she's his hero. He just smiles at her. That smile is meant for me.

"Your my hero," I mock in a high pitched voice. "Blah blahblah blah BLAH." I through my cup into the trash with more force than necessary. I leave the yard to go to my room. I need a little break from this. When I enter my room I close my eyes to calm down. Then I feel some sort of pain. I look out the window. The girl is kissing Shane. Terrance is smiling and Ariel is clapping. They think she is his mate.

All I see is red. I march down stairs. "Chapin!" Ari calls me but I'm too far gone. I grab the girl by her hair.

"Ahh! Get her off me!" The girl shouts. Shane looks shocked. "I am the daughter of Alpha Lawrence of the HIG pack! Let me go now."

"Chapin?" My father looks confused.

"Keep your filthy hands off him." I hiss in her ear.

"He's my mate!" She shouts at me. I punch her.

"MINE." I shout out. I feel Mariah take over. "Touch my mate again and I will kill you." I glare at the girl as Mariah gives me control back after delivering her threat and seeing the girl shrink back in fear.