Her fault not mine! (1)

"Chapin!" Grey yells as I rush away giggling. I can hear my brother following me again. I rush out of the house as he follows. I can see Lucia shaking her head at me. She's my sister-in-law isn't she supposed to be on my side? I rush past Dax and Rory. "Grab her!" Grey shouts as Dax's arm shoots out and I just barely jump out of the way. I laugh looking back at Grey as he stops. I crash into someone and fall flat on my butt. Ouch!

"Chapin," My father starts shaking his head. I smile sheepishly at him.

"Yes my dear father that loves me oh so much?" He shakes his head at me. He grabs my arm as I look towards Lucia for help, but she is too busy making out with my brother. I crinkle my nose in disgust.

"Chapin when are you going to grow up? How are you supposed to pick a mate if you are still acting like a child?" I roll my eyes at my fathers words. So I felt the pull almost four years ago now. The only people who know is Ari, Ava and Hunter, my three closest girl friends.

"Dad," I start off looking at him.

"Chapin, your brother and Lucia will be taking over the pack in a couple of months-" He starts again. Yea blah blah, Grey has always been the 'better' child. Ever since we were little my father favored him over me. I understand that he is two years older than me and he is taking his responsibilities, but come on!

"Seriously dad? I'll find my mate when I'm ready."

"But what if all of the young men already have mates?" My father asks exasperated. I sigh. There are some negatives to not telling your father that you felt the pull. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was sitting in my room with Ava and Hunter, we were having a slumber party, on May 27th and it was just past seven pm when I felt it, I was only fifteen years old. I freaked and Ava and Hunter had no idea what was going on. I told them and made them swear not to tell a soul. Now every year on May 27th I feel the pull at the exact same time, seven pm, letting me know that my mate is still alive and is either an Alpha or Beta.

"I'll be fine." I tell him my mood dropping. I don't want to think about my mate. If he is an Alpha he would be around twenty years old since Alpha's feel the pull at sixteen, if he is a Beta he is around twenty two years old. Being that I myself am only nineteen means he is most certainly older.

"Chapin, your not a little girl anymore, it's time to grow up." I could feel my brothers eyes on my back, his arrogance in the air as I roll my eyes and pout.

"Whatever." I groan. Living in North Carolina sucks. Your expected to act all lady-like and proper and that's just not me. Maybe it's just my pack that acts like that. I sigh as I turn towards the house. I am so done with this conversation. I can see Grey's smirk and I roll my eyes again.

"Rory and Lewis are looking for mates," My father hints. I understand that he wants me to settle down and Lewis and Rory are great and all but I have a mate. I remember when I was younger and I couldn't wait to meet my mate, for him to sweep me off my feet. I remember the day that that all changed.

My eldest brother Silas met his mate at sixteen and they mated and everything was looking good. They were a beautiful pair, one made in the moon goddess's book. He was so kind and loving towards her and she would tell me how amazing it is to have a mate. Everything was in a way perfect, that was until she decided to make a surprise trip to go and see her parents, by herself. Her parents pack was ambushed. Silas felt it as her heart stopped beating. He went on a blood lust rampage and killed every rouge he saw for about ten months. For ten whole months we never saw him. He came home after those ten months but he wasn't the same. He fell into a serious depression and by the end of that year he took his own life right on the same day that his mate Shari, had died the year before.