Chapter 4: The Start of Gloom Doom Bois

"Uhh... Where exactly am I?" Nightmare questioned where he is, all he can see is a vast white void with some blue strings.

"Welcome to my home! Well, at least it was," Error answered, looking at his surroundings.

"Huh?" Nightmare tilted his head, confused.

"Dunno. My world got destroyed overnight, this is what was left of it I guess." Error explained.

"Oh, sorry.." Nightmare apologized, feeling pity for his new friend.

Which was weird, since Nightmare never had proper friends before.

"So, how'd you get here?" Error asked.

"Some weird portal showed up on my place, I was finding a way to *cough* never mind, so I entered it but it suddenly closed." Nightmare spoke, explaining what happened.

"It's Fate isn't it?" Error murmured to himself, as Nightmare just tilted his head in confusion.

"Anyways, do you have any idea to get out of here?" Nightmare asked, looking around.

But before Error can reply, voices popped out of nowhere.

'Isn't this one of the 'sans' from Dreamtale? His name is Nightmare right?'

'yeah- he is.'

'How did he get here again? sorry, I was taking a break-'

'more like being lazy.-'

'shush be quiet, they can hear us- and Fate is coming.'

"Wha-?" Nightmare just looked around, finding the sources of the voices. But there was no one.

"Eh. It's normal." Error shrugged as he sat down on his bean bag.

"Hi, Error! I see it's working." A motherly kind of a voice spoke, still out of nowhere.

"Oh yeah, Hi Nightmare! My name is Fate!" Fate spoke.

"How the [quack] does everyone know my name?" Nightmare shouted, but his comment was ignored.

"I KNEW IT WAS YOU-" Error said, chuckling to himself.

"And the next one should be coming right about now..." Fate said, as a rumble was felt and a huge portal opened.

"What's that?" Error looked at the other side of the portal, which seemed to be a gloomy forest.

"A castle for you all to live in- Dunno, my strings just felt like a castle is the best option. Also, if it was burned or destroyed, it'll fix on its own sooner or later. Aaaaanndddd it cleans by itself cause it would be clear that no one would probably want to clean it." Fate explained.

"I'm staying here, home sweet home!" Error said, fully laying on his beanbag.

"It's not for you really anyway- It's for Nightmare!" Fate said enthusiastically.

"Wait wha- Is it bad that I still question- HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?" Nightmare spoke, almost shouting.

"Eh. It's normal." Fate spoke, as she felt another event from her strings happening.

Red strings carried- I mean pulled Error and Nightmare to a portal, leading to another white void.

Faint crying could be heard in that void.

"AAAAAAA- WAIT IS THIS HOW YOU FELT EARLIER?" Error shouted, as the strings still pulled them. 

"YEAH-! THIS IS PAYBACK!!!!!" Nightmare shouted back.

The strings stopped near another skeleton, whose tears are flowing on the ground.

"Hello? Who are you?" Error spoke, as he approached the skeleton.

"Huh? H-How'd you get here?" The skeleton backed up a bit, quite scared.

"Uhm.. My name is Error, and this is Nightmare, we were dragged by red strings I guess? Yeah, those ones just waiting there in the ceiling for us to be taken home." Error introduced him and Nightmare to the skeleton, then pointing to the red strings in the ceiling.

"Who's that?" Error pointed to a floating child beside the skeleton.

"Who?-" Nightmare spoke but got interrupted by the skeleton.

"Wait, you can see Chara?" The skeleton asked.

"Is that their name? I guess so? You can't see them Nightmare?" Error asked Nightmare.

Nightmare shook his head no.

"W-Well, I'm Cross, and this is Chara, a child I share a soul with." 'Cross' introduced himself, as well as Chara.

"I guess your AU is no longer here either..." Error looked around.

"Y-Yeah.. about that.." Cross spoke up.

"Eh. Doesn't matter. Come on, let's go to MY castle." Nightmare said, looking at Error.

"O-Okay.." Cross said as the others lead the way to be pulled by the red strings to Nightmare's castle.

---

695 Words.