"May i introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Moody." said Dumbledore. The only people that clapped was him and Hagrid.

"As I was saying," he continued. "We are to have the honor of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months an event that has not been held for over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform You that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year!"

"You're JOKING!" said Fred loudly. Causing the hall to break out laughing.

"I am not joking Mr Weasley," said Dumbledore. "Though now that you mention it, I did hear an excellent one over the summer about a troll, a hag, and a leprechaun who all go into a bar, from Ollie..."

Professor McGonagall cleared her throat loudly.

"Er- but maybe this is not the time.. no.. where was I? Ah, yes! The Triwizard Tournament. Well some of you will not know what the tournament involves so i hope those who do know will forgive me for giving a short explanation and allow their attention to wander freely..."

The headmaster went into detail about how it was started and that the other schools that partake in it are Durmstrang and Beauxbatons. And that over the summer the ministry has worked hard to ensure that this time no champion will find themselves in mortal danger.

"The heads of the schools will be arriving with their shortlisted contenders in October and the selection of the three champions will take place at Halloween. An impartial judge will decide which students are most worthy to compete for the Triwizard Cup, the glory of their school and a thousand Galleons personal prize money."

Eager though I know all of you will to bring the Triwizard Cup to Hogwarts, the Heads is the participating schools along with the ministry have agreed to impose an age restriction on contenders this year. Only students who are of age- that is to say seventeen or older- will be allowed to put forward their names for consideration-" Dumbledore silenced the chatting people with a raised hand. "This is a measure we feel is necessary given that the tournament tasks will still be difficult and dangerous whatever precautions we take and it is highly unlikely that students below sixth and seventh year will be able to cope with them. I will personally be ensuring that no underage student hoodwinks our impartial judge into making them Hogwarts champion." He gave a pointed look at the twins. "I therefore beg you not to waste your time submitting yourself if you are under seventeen."

"The delegations from the other schools will be arriving in October and remaining with us for the greater part of this year

"The delegations from the other schools will be arriving in October and remaining with us for the greater part of this year. I know that you will all extend every courtesy to our foreign guests while they are with us and will give your whole hearted support to the Hogwarts champion when they are selected. And now it is late and I know how important it is to you all to be alert and rested as you enter your lessons tomorrow morning. Bedtime! Chop chop!"

All the students got to their feet, Olivia stood and got the attention of George who was waving her over, but she had to wave them to go on without her.