He had a drunk smile on his mouth and his eyes were roaming all over my face. Like I would disappear at any moment, like none of this was real.

"Are you?" He whispered. I closed my eyes before shaking my head 'no' and gnawing at my lower lip. "Its okay." He held me tighter.

"I regret it. Everyday... I regret it."

-------------------------------------------------------

"So what are you asking me to do exactly?" Spark was sitting in her bed watching me with a smirk on her lips. She knew exactly what I was asking. She was being evil to me right now, trying to get me to spell it out for her.

"Go on a double date with me. I really like this guy and he really likes me. Plus Sarah said travel in packs right. You and Victor are perfect company." I rushed out.

"Okay."

"Okay?! I've been trying to convince you for thirty minutes straight and all you give me is an okay." I huffed before getting off of my knees and plopping onto the bed next to her.

"So what's his name?"

"Carrington Welsh. He's Scottish but he has white hair. You know like paler than platinum."

"I know who your talking about. Really tall kid in your grade right? People call him 'The Abino' and think he's gay."

"What?! Why?!" I shot up and stared at Spark.

"Because he's cute and has never had a girlfriend, and well he looks albino."

"People are so quick to judge." I mumbled. "So you'll do this for me?"

"Yeah."

-------------------------------------------------------

The night was going wonderfully. Carri picked me up at seven and I introduced him to my parents. Spark and Victor tagged along to the nine o'clock premier of Jurassic World, and now we were all joking and eating at Olive Garden. Seemed like a wonderful night to me.

"So what are your intentions with Hayley." Victor stated. His hand was draped over the back of Sparks chair, he looked laid back but his tone was serious.

Clearing his throat Carri answered, "Well I'd like her to be my girlfriend." he said looking towards me smiling. "From there whatever she wants I'll do."

"Good answer man." I laughed at the relief that Carrington displayed at his words. A lot of people were either scared of Victor or respected him despite him being new. His best friend was a self proclaimed bad boy and his girlfriend was a gang member, plus he was pretty badass himself. "We should get out of here, it's getting late."

We all mumbled our agreement before grabbing our things and paying the bill. Our car was a few blocks away and we had all decided to walk because it was still really warm in California. The mood was light, the moon was shining, and there wasn't anything that could change this perfect moment. I smiled as I watched me and Carri's clasped hands swaying slightly.

I was so wrong.

Screeching tires were the only warning we had, but by time we had registered the onset of danger it was too late. A truck pulled up and a few guys jumped out. Spark and Victor reacted immediately, stepping in front of us and throwing deadly moves at our attackers.

"Run!" And we did we ran as fast as we could. Made it a block away before another truck we hadn't noticed blocked our path and a figure stepped out to greet us.

"Hayley. Hayley. Hayley. I thought you said he was just your friend. It definitely looks like your trying to replace me. I'm the one who's suppose to save you, remember?" Gavin mocked. His large arms folded across his chest. His lips twisted in a wicked way.

He was scaring the shit out of me.

"It shouldn't concern you. She's not yours to save anymore." Carrington stated a glare on his face as he pushing me behind him and backed us up to the nearest wall, shielding me and putting himself in the line of fire.

"You think you can save her?" He whispered. He was getting angry I could feel it radiating off him in waves. He clenched his fist, his jaw ticked.

"You think you can save her?!" He roared. Carri flinched back and I dug my nails harder into his back literally shaking with fear. Before I could even register it, two men came out of the shadows and grabbed Carri and wrenched him away from me. He kicked and struggled and screamed my name, but it was two against one. They were highly trained and he was innocent.

Why did you get him involved? This is your fault Hayley.

Yours.

All I felt were the tears stinging my eyes as I watched them take him. Shove him in the back of a truck. Before the doors closed his eyes widened, "Hayle-"

Crunch

His nose broke at the same time as I was harshly shoved into the brick wall behind me. Slightly lifted off the ground and faced sideways. I could feel the blood dripping down my face. Where it was coming from? I had no clue.

This was going to break me. My one chance at real love pulled from underneath me like a rug.

But then I saw it... Something far worse then losing Carrington.

No.

He was swinging his knife viciously at Victor. He wanted him to bleed, he wanted to see him in pain. He would've had him. Would've stuck him right in his leg, cutting the vein there. It wouldn't have killed him but it would hurt. But he never felt the metal because Spark shoved him out the way, and because she was shorter then Victor the knife caught her in the lower stomach. Blood quickly seeped into her hands and onto her dress.

The man stopped, pulled his masked off and dropped to his knees trembling.

"Spark."

Keane.

Someone grabbed him off the ground and shoved him toward the truck. Fought him to get into the truck. To leave her there on the sidewalk to bleed out.

This will break me... Losing her will end my existence. Not her God. Anyone but her.

"He thinks he can save you." he suddenly whispered. He had seen the whole thing too. His eyes were fixed in the same direction.

"Gavin stop." I begged.

"No one can save you baby..." he continued. "Your a lost cause, ruined, damaged..."

"Your wrong." I stated with so much confidence I shivered.

Where had that come from?

"What will it take for you to realize it, that your nothing?" he asked.

Unconsciously my eyes snapped to the truck where Carrington was currently. I quickly looked down, my body trembling.

"Him?" He sounded angry again. Vicious... Murderous. "I'll break every bone in his body... I'll break you Hayls, starting with him if you don't tell me where my money is."