[Chapter 29: Transfer Students]

Start from the beginning

"Oh...?" You replied with a kindhearted smile, "Well, it's nice to meet you both. I haven't seen you two around campus before, so I'm guessing you're the new guys?"

"Bingo." He smiled back, his friendly attitude and sociable personality striking you as pleasantly refreshing so far. "My name's Billy. Billy Loomis."

"Stu. Stu Macher." The second boy introduced breezily, both teens behaving oddly considerate seeing as how they seemed to have been isolated from the rest of the students. "Pleasure to meet you."

"I'm (Y/n)." You told him in a friendly way, holding your hand out before shaking his.

"What a beautiful name." Billy complimented sweetly, throwing you another smile whilst you lightly laughed again. "Don't you think so, Stu?"

"Absolutely. Way prettier than the other girls's names that we've heard so far. No offence." Stu sided with Billy and poked fun at every other girl immediately, focusing on you again a moment afterwards.

"None taken." Cadence smiled in return, not finding their remark very offensive whilst she began eating and reacted with a goodnatured expression.

"If that's your best attempt at flirting guys, then you certainly have a ways to go." You mocked them with mischief, fluttering your eyes and acting like you were somewhat seduced. "But thank you. Thank you very much."

"D'aww, don't we at least get an A+?" Stu teased with fake-desperation, his sly words making it fairly obvious that he was messing in return. "C'mon, (Y/n)~"

"Mm...I'll think about it, Stu-boy." You decided on a whim - both of you in your own little world while the taunting continued and you kept on eating lunch.

"So Billy, Stu! We uh, we were just telling (Y/n) about how much you guys had in common with each other." Amber mentioned brightly, not realising the awkward situation she'd just placed the three of you in.

"Oh, absolutely!" Laura spoke with false excitement and sipped at her soda - pretending that there was no strangeness surrounding you six whatsoever.

"Oh? What sort of things are you into...?" Billy questioned innocently, raising his sandwich up to his mouth before taking a polite and well-mannered bite from it.

"Well, um...I enjoy this and that..." You trailed off hesitantly, suddenly growing shy whilst you started eating your food. "Mostly horror games, horror movies, horror stories..."

"You're joking." Stu replied in disbelief, his eyes widening so the size of saucers after hearing your shocking response.

"Look, I know it's weird..." You muttered under your breath, glaring at the ground and feeling your frustration rise. "For a girl to like it...But, I just...it's so—"

"No, I think that's awesome!" Billy bursted out with extreme excitement, not judging you in the slightest as his smile became even bigger. "It's been forever since I've met a girl who's interested in horror."

"Yeah, same." Stu calmly agreed, both boys's reactions throwing you off while also sounding unbelievably unexpected.

"Wait, what...?" Surprise flittered across your facial features, frowning at how pleasant Billy and Stu seemed to be. "I just would've thought..."

"Trust me, we don't judge people on their interests." Billy promised affectionately - the dark-eyed student treating you with nothing but the utmost respect.

"Especially pretty girls who like the same stuff we do." Stu playfully commented, finishing his food incredibly fast.

"Ooh, I'm sensing more flirting going on here." Laura giggled, cutting into the conversation once more and nudging Amber smugly.

"What the Hell you guys!" You protested with embarrassment, your cheeks flushing a heavy pink as you internally groaned. Shit. If you let this harmless interaction between you three continue, the others would be sure to step in and take them out without another word.

"Oh my, what have we started?" Amber retaliated angelically, standing up and taking a hold of her now-empty tray.

"(Y/n)? You okay? You seemed fine just a few minutes ago." Billy curiously wondered, looking concerned on your behalf.

"Yeah, did we do something?" Stu questioned uneasily, noticing your frigid stance and growing puzzled by your mood-swing.

So, thinking fast, you took a deep breath and hoisted your bag onto your shoulder; snatching up your lunch tray before abruptly standing up. "You haven't started anything." You directed your next words towards Amber firmly, suddenly appearing hostile. "In fact, I...I have to leave. See you tomorrow, guys."

Forcing yourself to show more animosity, you left the group and shoved the lunch-tray into the washing area; barely being able to hide the angry tears that pricked at the edge of your eyes. Dammit. God-freaking-dammit. You knew you couldn't start any male friendships with anybody else. Otherwise either Hannibal, Michael, Jason, Norman or Freddy would rip them to shreds and make it seem like some sort of accident. You also had no idea how Pennywise was going to act towards any of your human friends - let alone male ones. With nothing but a sigh, you stood alone in the hallway and tried to stay calm.

"(Y/n)...?"
"Everything okay...?"

Two different voices suddenly caused you to jump, making you feel awkward when you turned around and took a deep breath. "Yeah. Was there um, was there something you both needed...?" You asked Billy and Stu quietly, starting to feel highly embarrassed because of your earlier cold-shoulder.

"Not really." Stu nonchalantly replied, his style of speaking being much more laidback than his friend Billy.

"What Stu means is that we were just worried about you, that's all." Billy explained with a kindhearted expression. "We wouldn't have wanted to upset you or anything."

"Oh, no, no, no!" You rejected his concern right off the bat. "Not at all! I just...I just think it would be better if...Well, if you stayed away from me."