1 • 7 • 7

Beginne am Anfang

"Selfish?" Bam repeated.

"You will see what I mean later" Charlotte said. She looked at the screen before she looked somewhere else.

Ever since she stepped inside the room, she felt that someone has been looking at her. The person can't be Noah as Noah was with Celeste and secretly watched her. She felt uneasy and when her golden eyes moved around, she noticed Endorsi who was looking at her with a smirk. The smirk can't be the friendly smile and Charlotte felt that there was the hint of malice in that smile.

Charlotte assumed that Endorsi was looking at her because if the Black March she was holding. Before Khun went to Team A, he gave her this Black March since she asked just in case she will be needing it. If Endorsi wanted to steal this Black March, then there was the high chance that it will work. For what she knew, the members in Team B had no care for each other and that they were guarded against each other.

Bam was an exception, of course.

"Is there something wrong, princess?" A regular asked.

The random regular who asked Endorsi that question was someone who has been trying to please Endorsi from the beginning.

But his intentions were too obvious and Endorsi didn't care about him at all. While looking at Charlotte, she said, "She looks like an adorable puppy."

The random regular didn't get what she meant.

Team A appeared to be in serious situation. Not only that they failed to catch the ranker but now, the defense that they tried to build for thirty two minutes and thirteen seconds were slowly destroyed by Quant. When Bam saw his friends being beaten up like this, he wasn't laughing or cheering happily as he didn't understand what's the funny about that. So when he saw the others laughing and cheering for the Team A's lost, he didn't understand it.

Charlotte felt angry and disgusted when she saw her teammates laughing at her friends, especially the green pickle Paracule who appeared to be the loudest in the room. But after she pondered about their actions, their actions were actually understandable.

If you want to climb the tower, you have to pull others down. When you are getting lucky, the others will be unlucky. When you succeed, the others will fail. In another word, when you get more, the others will get less.

But seeing how Khun reversed the situation and pulled down the ranker with his magical rope while bringing Anaak up, Charlotte felt that if only she had half of his confidence and intelligence, then maybe things would be better. If she was as smart as him, she wouldn't have to study to pass the tests and the exams in her former life. She would pass them without a doubt.

When Bam saw Khun's team was about to win, he was genuinely happy. But the thought that told him that he should have cheered for their lost made him wonder whether his actions were correct or not. If he wanted to climb the tower with Rachel and Charlotte, then Team A should fail. 

Charlotte tapped his shoulder, "If you want to cheer for the others then cheer for them. No one could blame you here."

'If someone blames you, then I will punch that person right on his face.'

"But.....we are on the different teams now" Bam said and Paracule agreed with him, "He is right! Don't you think it's funny to cheer for your opponent?"