23. The World Cup

Start from the beginning

When Mr.Crouch Apparated near their fire. "Pull up a bit of grass Barty." Said bagman patting the ground next to him.

"No thank you Ludo, I've been looking for you everywhere the Bulgarians are insisting we add another 12 seats to the Top Box."

"Oh is that what they're after?" Said Bagman. "I thought the chap was asking to borrow a pair of tweezers. Bit of a strong accent."

"Mr.Crouch!" Said Percy breathlessly sunk into a kind of half bow that made him look like a hunchback. "Would you like a cup of tea?"

"Oh" said Mr Crouch, looking over at Percy in mild surprise. "Yes- thank you Weatherby."

Fred and George choked on their own cups of tea and Percy went very pink.

The three older men chatted more about flying carpets and portkeys. Until Mr Weasley said "I'm sure you'll be glad when this is all over."

Bagman said, "Glad? I've never had more fun but it's not as though we haven't got anything to look forward to eh Barty, eh? Plenty left to organize."

Mr Crouch raised his eyebrows at Bagman. "We agreed not to make the announcement until all the details-"

"Oh details!" Bagman waved his hand. "They've signed haven't they? They've agreed, haven't they? I bet you anything these kids will know soon enough anyway. I mean it's happening at Hogwarts-"

"Ludo we need to meet with the Bulgarians you know," said Mr Crouch sharply. "Thank you for the tea Weatherby."

Ludo stood and joined Barty Crouch. "See you all later! You'll be in the Top Box with me- I'm commentating!" He waved bye and left with the man.

"What's happening at Hogwarts dad?" said Fred at once. "What we're they talking about?"

"You'll find out soon enough," said Mr Weasley smiling.

"It's classified information until such time as the ministry decides to release it." Said Percy stiffly. "Mr.Crouch was quite right not to disclose it."

"Oh shut up Weatherby." said Fred.

Eventually the campground was coated with excitement that afternoon. By dusk, the ministry had stopped trying to fight the magic that breaking out everywhere.

Everyone decided to talk a stroll, as salesmen where popping up every few feet. Olivia walked with the twins, with Bill Charile and Ginny not far behind.

They had been passing by a set of tents when Olivia heard someone call out her name.

"Ollie!" She heard and turned to the source of the voice and found Oliver Wood. He brought her in for a hug and lifted her feet off the ground and sat her back down. "I thought I seen a head of curly red hair I recognized." He said, resting his hands on her hips when they pulled apart. She had her palms on his chest.

Smiling at the boy, "Gosh it's so good to see you! I hear congratulations are in order!" said Olivia. The twins and the other Weasleys walked on and stopped at a sales table after saying hi to Oliver Wood.

"Yeah I'm sorry I haven't wrote to you any, like I said I would but I've been so busy with practices and everything." He said sweetly

"It's fine I figured so, I say it's hard to get back to all your adoring fans since you're on the Puddlemere United Team!" She laughed

Charlie stood next to Fred looking at the merchandise, peering passed his brother at the Olivia and Oliver Wood. He couldn't help but noticed the way Oliver had his hands on her hips.

"Hey Fred," said Charlie nonchalantly, "when did Ollie and Wood become a thing?" Picking up a rosette and looking at it and then back at the girl.

Fred looked over at his best friend and then back to the table. He shrugged his shoulders. "They're not a thing, she would have told me and George. Woods always been flirtatious with her." said Fred casually.