Chapter 1 - Prologue

Beginne am Anfang

A solid hand surprisingly slapped me across the face.

"Don't baby me Eric!" Stephanie shouted. "You pig! I can't believe it."

"You can't believe what?" I said, my lips pressed as I caressed the burn on my left cheek.

Stephanie raised her hand for another slap, this time aiming for the right side of my face. Luckily for me, I caught it in time.

"You Asshole! You lied to me. You said we got a date on for this Friday night. But I checked you're emails, you're planning something else... with another woman!" she seethed, her wrist gripped in my hand.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed. Tired of this pettiness.

"Look. I assumed you were sick for some time, you said so yourself. So, I made other plans. Steph." I said, rolling my eyes at the scenario.

Stephanie pulled her wrist away and fumed. "You Bastard!" she ranted.

I looked at her and creased my brows. "What the hell are you surprised about? We not going steady or anything. Fuck!" I said, my voice raised.

This is all I needed. Doesn't these women know by now. I lived by three simple rules and always will be.

1. No spooning!

2. No sleepovers!!

3. No fucking commitment!!!

That's right. Eric Bolton will never commit to one woman, until my dying day. I mean, why have the same plain boring vanilla milkshake when you can have a variety of so much more delectable snacks.

I never led any woman on to think there was more when it came to me. Each one of them knew where I stood. And it wasn't next to them, holding their damn hand, waltzing into the sunset!

But occasionally, there were a few that became too attached, too clingy. Like Stephanie, her face burning red and spitting profanities and insults my way. But I had to take responsibility for this fucked-up situation. This was the third personal assistant I dated or screwed, and it always ended bad.

When will I fucking learn? I huffed.

But I couldn't be held responsible for my behavior. How was I supposed to concentrate on contracts when she's looking at me with hungry eyes? I mean the woman came two weeks ago without any panties on to the office, for fuck sakes.

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?!" She said slamming her hand on my desk.

Shit. I hadn't realized I had zoned out.

"No." I simply replied.

Her face flamed red once more and it looked like she was about to whistle her kettle top.

"Fuck you, Eric Bolton!" She scolded.

At this moment, I was thankful that most of my co-workers went home by now. Her screeching voice probably resonated through the empty office walls.

"I QUIT!" Stephanie screamed as she stormed off.

Another one bites the dust. I shook my head. Damn, I need to control myself.

She was a fucking tornado, as she whipped around madly and stomped to her desk outside my office. She grabbed her laptop, a few files and whirled through the glass doors, bumping against Todd on the way. I felt sorry for anybody in her line of wrath.

I rubbed my tired eyes.

"Not now Todd." I said, not in the mood for another lecture. Todd was the company's manager and always looked out for the company's best interests. I and Bolt Investment's wouldn't be where it's at, without his unwavering support.

Todd rubbed his receding hairline and shook his head hard. "That's the third personal assistant that we lost in eighteen months Eric. What would your father, that's the CEO of this company say?"

I rolled my eyes and grunted.

"What about if a client was in your office, and she ranted like this? What about we were in a meeting, and this happened? What about-"

"Yes, I get the point." I snapped, crossing my arms.

I shook my head knowingly. Okay, I felt slightly guilty about my behavior. I was attracted to beautiful woman, so I hired beautiful assistants. If they were going to work closely with me day in and day out, it seemed logical, whether they had the brains or not.

Todd took off his spectacles and wiped the left frame clean with his tie. "I think I need to take charge of the next assistant in the hiring process."

"I think that would be an excellent idea." I agreed.

His eyebrows raised. "Really? You going to let me take the reins on this one?"

I nodded and sighed. "Sure, why not? It seems my choices doesn't work out in the long term."

Todd smiled. "Okay then. Monday morning we'll get the hiring process started."

I smiled sheepishly. "Do you know what I need in an assistant?"

Todd smiled gleefully and returned his spectacles onto his face. "Oh Eric, I know what you need. And it's everything you not looking for."