16: just a bit

(Old Title: Rise To The Top! Part 2!! [This one is DxD, not the first part]

New title: The Path To The Strongest)

"..... GAH!!" Koneko awakes out of shock, discovering her body covered in blood of demons rampaging in a destroyed civilization "what happened?!"

"Ah, finally awake?" Ethan raised a brow, his back being supported by a debris. Elms had his army go swoop the entire floor out to exterminate pest controlling the lands so that he would proceed once finding a entry permit "you've been out cold for a few days now."

With her covered in disgusting blood, she recoiled back and covered her private parts out of trauma from that perverted dragon, Koneko thought of Ethan being one. He refused to take initiative...

"Please, why would I worry my own urges with a war going on? I refuse to take part until I finish my job."

A bit hurt, but relieved of this. Must be the fact she's always chased by an unreliable dragon wielder most of their freetime, now that she's with Ethan... there is no time to lay rest and enjoy peace, not even a smidge of it. Koneko learned a repeated pattern whenever Ethan wakes up in a new day: run, pushups, squats, and situps. An everyday process of him exercising normally with a mix of shedding blood on the field, a torture to a weak-minded person. In Koneko's eyes, Ethan was no different than a robot repeating actions. A same routine devils have a hard time committing with, yet were outmatched by one human who literally lost limbs to stand where he is today, and if that's not enough to root for Ethan, then what is? Koneko questioned 'why?'. Why does a man such as Ethan desire to grow without taking a breather? What is his goal? Unlike Issei, Ethan takes restless actions everyday just to see the world glisten in smile and in safety of millions of innocent children. He is more on the side of humans than any mythical species.

"Hm. You got taller, and uh... more developed." He was surprised to see a new person standing beside him, 'slightly' taller than last time she was seen awake and grew wider and thicker to be considered a small rival to Issei's harem "you hungry?"

Stale bread, dried jerky, and warm water were mostly served. Not enough nutrients but enough energy to keep going. Phew! Man, these two need a shower. With the current technology displayed here, it is impossible to get a droplet of water before it dries up immediately. Unless there's another solution to this.

"Ume..." Ethan needed a favor from his spirit

"No! No way I'm being treated as a machine! I'm a spirit, a frost queen at that! I can rebel!" She stated, flipping the birdie "I rebel! Cunt!"

".... well, we're out of choices. Gonna have to remain in sweaty clothes until we're done here." Ethan summoned his swords, following the trail left behind of his soldiers "Njal, have my back?"

He grunted, lifting the pillar and following behind his king to act as a support. A heavy support at that. Koneko sighed in a exhausted manner, everyday: eat, fight, rest, sleep, repeat. It's always that and nothing else, no filler between rest and just sit around until exhaustion takes affect on the two. Much different than she was with Rias and her friends, much, much, much different. With Rias: she never had to worry trivial encounters or any political issues, just snack on candies or chocolate and she'll be good from there. With Ethan: endless fighting, little to no rest, stale food and warm water. But his strength is nothing to laugh at, he climbed his way from enduring pain to psychological issues, Ethan earned his title as World's Strongest Human - until a match is settled between him and Cao Cao. Cao Cao currently holds the title, Ethan has yet to be announced but earned from many eyes of his comrades. Hours later, the two carried home a hog big as Njal that came from the wild. Meat. Meat is back on the menu.