110. Is He Playing With Us?

Start from the beginning

"Don't you save lives to?" She asked. 

Jacqueline smiled, nodding. "Yeah, I help save lives too. But your Mommy has asked me to take care of you both while she is away. Me and Victor. And so we are going nowhere until she gets here." 

Kiara pouted, thinking for a moment before saying, "I want peanut butter and jelly sandwiches." 

Jacqueline let out a sad chuckle. Bless her five year old heart that she was not terrified like Jacqueline was. 

"You stay here." She said. "I will get them for you."

.

.

.

"William Morris." Michelia growled as she typed in the name to her database. 

"More like William Moron!" 

All of them turned to the new addition to the office. 

"Shut up, Petrov." Adam hissed. 

"What? He made perfect sense." Alessia was still drunk. 

"Sia, you need to sober up before I pour a bucket of ice over your head." River narrowed her eyes at her darling sister in law. 

"That  is exactly what I was going to say." Michelia hummed as she pressed 'enter'. 

"You know I can't flip a switch to sober up, right?" Alessia pouted and snuggled into the couch.

Searching...

Searching...

Searching...

No results. 

Michelia groaned as she leaned back on her chair. 

"Where the fuck did that Ian Sanders get information on Victor which I couldn't find?" Michelia asked. 

"As much as I am proud of myself for hiring him-" Dmitri started but was cut off by Leonardo.

"Save it, Petrov. We don't want to hear it  one more time." He said. 

Dmitri rolled his eyes. "What I am saying is, even I don't completely trust Ian Sanders. I felt as if he was..." 

"Hiding something just for the fun of it." Mateo spoke at last. He had been too silent for a while. 

"Is he playing with us?" River asked. 

"This is the only clue we have for the time being and we have to hold on to it." Mateo said. "We can't let it go just because that detective happens to like playing games." 

Everyone agreed with that. 

A phone rang and everyone turned to Dmitri who fished it out of his pockets. 

He took a deep breath when he saw that it was none other than Sergey Petrov, his older brother. 

"Sergey." Dmitri spoke. 

He thought that Sergey was going to be mad at him because he had ditched important yet boring paperwork to be with the Italians but he was surprised to hear that his brother had come bearing good news. 

"He got information on William." Dmitri looked up. "He found something from Matthew's file." 

"Thank heavens!" Leonardo exclaimed but Michelia was not as happy as she should have been. Of course she was happy that some news had been received and the information could be used to find her darling niece and nephew BUT they had found something that she had not been able to get her hands on? That hurt her ego. Just a little bit.