XXXIII

"DIRECT? HOW?"

"DIRECT? HOW?"

suna asked as he looked over at (y/n) who was rolling her eyes. "you know what i mean by direct." she said with a light laugh.

"i know i do. i've been direct for the past few months with how i feel...have you?" he asked as he looked into (y/n)'s (e/c) eyes.

"i mean...i don't think you're awful." (y/n) teased as suna deadpanned. she smiled as she saw his serious face.

"....to be honest, i think you're pretty great..." she admitted as she became flustered. "i was honestly so bored and upset when you were ignoring me. it made me realize how much i grew to like you these past few months." (y/n) smiled over at suna whose cheeks were flushed red. "i feel like you know but, i really like you...and i'm not messing around like i usually do." she let out a light laugh as she looked up at the ceiling.

suna looked over at the (s/c) skinned girl with soft eyes. as he did a small and light smile fell upon his lips. he reached his hand out for her cheek and turned her face gently to face his.

their faces were inches apart as suna's eyes flickered between (y/n)' s (e/c) eyes and her soft lips.

"...did you mean what you said?" suna asked in an almost whisper. (y/n) nodded her head gently as her smile grew a bit larger.

"i did." she whispered back with happy eyes. suna let out a light laugh along with (y/n) as they embraced each other's happiness for a moment.

the dark haired boy then began to lean his face in closer to hers. their lips hovered next to each other as their breath tickled each other's noses-

"(y/n)?"

the two teens jumped apart while flustered expressions laced their faces. (y/n) had wide eyes as she looked over at who just came into the room while suna had turned away to hide his red face.

"kai?" (y/n) expression went from embarrassed to happy as she saw her older brother standing in the hospital room door. he held a/n (favorite character) plush in his hands as he had a confused expression on his face.

kai's eyes scanned the room and landed on the tall boy who was laying in the bed with his sister. he smiled as a mischievous expression fell on his face.

"...so who's the boy?" he asked as he put down the plush.

"hm? what boy?" (y/n) played dumb as she threw a blanket over, the still embarrassed, blocker's head. "there's no boy in here." she smiled.

"...yeah, okay. i won't tell-"

"i know you won't. anyways what are you doing here? a trip from the states to japan is a long flight...did you hop on the plane as soon as i called you?" (y/n) asked as suna pulled the covers off of his head, revealing his now disheveled hair.

"yeah, i knew mom and dad wouldn't come, so i subbed in." kai smiled.

"what about your wedding- did you leave willow at home by herself?"

"we have a wedding planner willow is at the hotel-"

"why would you get a hotel if you could stay with me?" (y/n) asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"...we're grown and engaged. and it seems like you've got someone for yourself to, don't wanna impose." kai shrugged as he sat down. his words caused (y/n) and suna's faces to heat up instantly.

"u-uh-"

"hey what happened to that other guy? your ex, i guess, is he dead?"kai asked as he let out a short laugh.

"why would you laugh if he died?" (y/n)'s eyes widened a bit.

"...i'd laugh." suna said with a small evil smile.

"see! i already like this guy better than tamaki." kai smiled as he waved his hands around a bit. "and don't act like you're such a saint (y/n). remember when you were in middle school and wished mom and dad died?"

suna's eyes widened as he turned to the girl next to him. "what?-"

"listen-it was only because they didn't come to my middle school graduation!" (y/n) said as she scrambled to explain herself. suna started to laugh at her frazzled state and kai joined in.

kai smiled as he saw his younger sister who was actually happy. "you guys look good together." he complimented.

suna and (y/n) stopped laughing when they heard those words. they looked between each other with small smiles on their faces.

"i think so too."