XXIX

SUNA SWUNG HIS BASKET AS HE WALKED DOWN THE AISLES OF FOOD

since the traffic was so bad, he decided to wait it out for a bit at a corner store. suna walked into the candy aisle and grabbed a pack of jelly sticks.

he spent a few more minutes just wandering around before he decided to leave. lucky for him though, the traffic had cleared up so it was a straight shot home.

___

"hey i'm back!" suna shouted out as he locked the front door. "i couldn't get your clothes but i got you one of those spongebob popsicles from the store!"

"..."

no answer.

"rei?" suna asked as he made his way up the stairs. he walked over to her closed door and knocked on it.

no response.

as suna went to go knock on the door again it flew open to reveal his sister. she had wide watery eyes as she held onto her phone.

"umm what's wrong with you?" suna asked with concern.

"hold on, look." she sniffled as she pulled up a screen recorded video.

"what the hell?" suna muttered as he watched the video of (y/n) is a hospital room.

"hey rei~ i'm like really high right now on pain killers...?' (y/n) slurred as she yawned as held her phone unsteadily. she wore a hospital gown and was hooked up to an IV that was pumping drugs into her body.

"like suna blocked my on everything, so can you just show him this video please?" she pleaded.

"...okay, i'm gonna assume that this is suna." she laughed. "god-i-" she tried to say as her voice began to crack. "this is so embarrassing." she groaned as she threw her head back.

"um-well-uh-FUCK." (y/n) said as she didn't realize she had started crying. "my um parents said they aren't coming, and i just got in a car accident." she sniffled. "i-um broke my rib and got a concussion i think?" (y/n) paused to wipe her face.

"i-i don't have anyone else to really call-and-and i know you're probably still mad at me, but i figured out why and it was just a misunderstanding. i'm sorry i disappointed you..." she sighed as tears fell down her face.

"i just wanted to know if you'd come to the hospital? in all honesty i'm really fucking scared." she said as she hiccuped because of her tears. "so-so i'd like someone that i love by my side you know?" she asked with a shakey breath.

"this must sound so stupid knowing that you hate me, but i probably won't remember saying some of this shit." (y/n) said as she wiped her face for what felt like the hundredth time. "so-uh-um basically suna will you come stay with me here? at-at the hospital? i mean it's okay if you don't want t-"

"sweetie are you okay?" a nurse asked as she came into (y/n)'s hospital room.

"uh-uh yeah-" was the last thing (y/n) said before the video shut off.

suna watched the video with wide eyes as his heart dropped. the girl had always had him wrapped around her finger, but this video...the video felt like (y/n) had grabbed hold of the boy's heart with her hand and squeezed it. squeezed the hell out of it, to the point where he had to catch his breath.

"here." suna gave his sister's phone back.

"what are you doing?" rei asked as she followed behind suna into his room.

"i'm going to the hospital." he said as he grabbed a hoodie and his phone charger out of his room.

"wait can i come?"

"no. stay here so you can tell mom what happened." suna said as he started making his way to the staircase.

rei sucked her teeth as she watched suna jog down the stairs. "fine." she said before going back to her room.

___

(y/n) sat in her eerily quiet hospital room as she clicked through the channels on the tv that hung off of the wall. "i hate cable." she muttered to herself as she finally decided on a channel to watch. adventure time was on.

as she was about to reach over for her juice, a knock on her door caught her attention.

'man wasn't the nurse just in here?'

she raised an eyebrow at her thoughts before calling out to who she thought was a nurse. "come in." (y/n) said as she took a sip out of her styrofoam cup but her eyes widened when she saw who was standing at the door.

"hey..."