14: Kamish..... run

Start from the beginning

"Bwaahhh... one of my cherished treasures to be exact... at ease. Thank you, human." Crom simply bends his upper body 90°

"No, no! There's no reason to bow towards a human such as me! I simply traveled to the realm of Muspelheim in search of a dragon to kill - no offense on you perhaps!" Ethan still kept up with his antics "have you similarly came upon a gigantic claw mark before?"

".... I have. I've been in search of that dragon for quite a while... it appeared 8 months back and since then, it keeps escaping my range. Alone it'll be hard to track it down, but the help of a human like yours, my reign of searching will come to an end. Human, care to lend this creature a hand?" Crom Cruach, who's said to be stronger and on par with the Heavenly dragons, is in need of help catching a rebellious dragon

Jolly... what kind of human engaged peacefully with Crom Cruach?! Ohohoho~! Ethan Elms, might as well say: a light of hope for the humans! If this continues, humanity will receive protection for endless years ~(Mimir)

"Dragon hunting? Perfect." Ethan replied

_______

Think about it, for once in your life you gotten your dream job of working for one of the biggest companies out in the world which pays pretty handy to its workers, treats them well as human beings, throw parties like there ain't to tomorrow. This lucky fellow celebrated this day by drinking with his buddies, while assuring that nothing bad'll happen today. Besides, his mother gave him her lucky bandana... he can thank her for that. The man cannot go once without telling his buddies that he was hired.

"Fuck's sake. You done? I wanna drink while eating these nachos." Said his friend

"No! I'll repeat the phrase until you'll heart it every single time of the day!" He said, gulping down his beer "Ryan!"

"Oh shit, no! Don't!"

At the bar/restaurant, a football game is being broadcasted through the TV most of the customers can relax and lay back to watch their favorite teams compete with the opposing. Frankly, it came to 17 - 15 at a match, the fans were supporting to win this match or else they'll go bonkers and invade the field if everyone goes back disappointed that tickets well spent are wasted at a loss. It's close, super close! One final touchdown with the clock at 7 seconds left! Will they make it? Will they?!

"C'mon! C'mon!!" The newly employed man cheered for his team, savoring this bit as a core memory "C'mon!!"

Then.... lightbulbs suddenly exploded, causing a chain reaction to the city, including the football stadium. What kind of electricity current happened for the entire city to blackout? Whatever kids are involved at stupid times doing already? Cases such as this aren't too common but kids doing stupid shit are, so the blame were immediately put on them. It came from the sky. Everyone shot up from their seats and quickly stood next to the window. He spat out a gasp. Ryan discovered the same thing and his eyes visibly quaked. Just how could a thing like that appear in the middle of the sky?! They all stared at the massive... portal floating up high in the sky and muttered loudly....

"The hell is that?"

"Am I seeing things?"

"Jesus.... I gotta quit drinking."

A fellow agreed to that and dumped his liquor at the side. The massive size of the portal covering the heavens above the city of Salt Lake became terrifying that a strange anomaly came without any notice satellites couldn't pick up. And as a heavy, powerful silence descended on everyone in the room, the gigantic Gate that suddenly manifested itself in the sky continued to gently ripple about, as if to swallow everything that was down below. Right below the airborne Gate. The residents of the city formed a literal sea of people below it, knowing that there was no danger of a portal. They raised their smartphones and busily snapped shots of the portal dyeing the heavens black. It was the first.... thing to form in the middle of the sky. And its gigantic size was unprecedented, too. Although no one knew what would come out from there and should all be terrified as a result, people still couldn't rein in their curiosity. There were quite a few members of foreign press mixed among the crowd. Their cameras were working at full capacity to capture the scenes of this packed gathering of people.