13. Feelings I just can't ignore

'You're making me forget my past
Never thought I'd feel like that again
I came to peace with my path
Now you got me off track'

______________________________

⚠️ALSO SOME WARNINGS FOR TOXIC PAST RELATIONSHIPS & VERBAL ABUSE⚠️

Song recommendation:
***safety net - Ariana Grande (Feat. Ty Dolla $ign)

______________________________

Y/N rubbed her eyes and stared back at her study guide trying to figure out a difficult biochemistry practice problem. She flipped through the pages of her notebook, looking for similar example problems to help guide her through it. The quiet hum of the air conditioner acted as white noise, helping her stay focused on her work as she continued flipping through her notes. She jotted down all her calculations, carefully working through the problem. This semester was definitely proving to be one of the tougher ones, overall, in her undergraduate career. Despite the jam-packed schedule, Zeke's research study, and dating Eren, Y/N has been able to keep up with everything. She knew how to balance her life and studies—when to have fun and when to take things seriously. As she was reading another homework problem, the vibration of her phone caught her attention. She knitted her eyebrows in confusion when she saw she had a text from an unknown number. Curiosity got the better of her and she unlocked her phone to see the text, but her blood ran cold as soon as she read the message.

(XXX)XXX-XXXX

Hey it's been a while.

Can we talk?

Turns out the kid was never mine.

I know I fucked up... but I want you back.

Y/N sat at her desk, frozen, staring at the text—rereading it over and over again, heart pounding against her chest. Her phone slipped out of her hands, falling onto her desk with a loud thud. She felt like she was suffocating, her bedroom walls closing in on her. She never wanted anything to do with him anymore. She thought she cut him out of her life and left him in the past. She blocked him on every single platform to avoid contact, changed her number, and even transferred schools. Yet, here he was, Floch Forster, her ex-boyfriend that caused so much pain in her life contacting her again with a different number. How did he even find her? Why now out of all times? Why now when she was at her happiest and the best version of herself? Why now when she had someone that actually cared about her and her feelings?

Y/N leaned forward onto her desk, holding her face in her hands. She thought she was able to get past all of this just fine, but the fact that Floch came back out of nowhere scared her, sending her into a panic. How did he even get her new number? She gritted her teeth and squeezed her eyes shut as all the memories she tried to bury deep into the back of her mind started to flood in. Those condescending smiles and cold brown eyes that mocked her one too many times. All the lies and broken promises. The snide remarks he would give her, humiliating her. The tears pricked at the corners of her eyes as she remembered everything, clear as day. The way he would touch her, disgusting—it was all so revolting.

. . .

"You look like a slut."

Y/N bit her lip trying to hold in her tears, "It'd be nice to hear you compliment me once in a while... I'm only dressing like this because you wanted me to."

"I kind of regret it now. Go change. I'm not going out with you looking like that." Floch sat on her bed and crossed his arms across his chest.