Chp. 8 Players and Pieces

Start from the beginning

Ren: Nora! Please... Don't ever do that again.

Nora runs off again leave Ren alone, now in the Temple, staring at a golden rook relic.

Nora: Oooohh... I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!

Ren: Nora!

Nora: Coming, Ren!

Blake: Did that girl just ride in on an Ursa?

Yang: I...

She is interrupted once more as a screech is heard from their right, and Pyrrha Nikos comes onto the scene as the scorpion creature uproots entire trees in its chase after her. Pyrrha narrowly dodges its giant claws and keeps on running.

Pyrrha: Jaune!

Jaune: Pyrrha!

Ruby: Whoa!

Ruby runs off the branch landing on the ground with a roll.

Jaune: Ruby!

Yang: Ruby!

Ruby: Yang!

Ruby raises her arms to give her sister a hug.

Nora: Nora!

Nora comes between them knocking them off balance by the surprise.

Ben: I'm here too.

The scorpion Grimm continues to follow Pyrrha as she runs.

Blake: Did she just run all the way here with a Death Stalker on her tail?

Yang: I can't take it anymore! Can everyone just chill out for two seconds before something crazy happens again?!

The tick-tock of a clock counts down the two seconds of Yang cooling down, Ren running over to a ditzy Nora, and Blake and Ruby looking up.

Ruby: Umm... Yang?

Up above, Weiss is revealed to be hanging on a talon the size of her entire body that belongs to a gigantic Nevermore.

Weiss: How could you two leave me?!

Ruby: I said "jump"!

Ben: That is true she tell her to jump.

Blake: She's gonna fall.

Ruby: She'll be fine.

Ren: She's falling.

Jaune is finally out of the tree, panting until he looks up and grins at the sight of Weiss falling through the air, giving him the opportunity to jump off the branch with arms outstretched and catch her in a slowed-down moment.

Jaune: Just... dropping in?

Weiss is speechless... and Jaune realizes why when they both look down.

Jaune: Oh, God. Oh, noooooooo- Oomph!

Jaune does a faceplant into the dirt, limbs splayed out, and serves as the perfect landing spot for Weiss as she falls into a seated position on his body.

Weiss: My hero.

Jaune: My back...

The Death Stalker is still hunting Pyrrha, but she manages to land on her side at the feet of the heroes.

Yang: Great! The gang's all here! Now we can die together!

Ruby: Not if I can help it!

Ruby, still screaming, fires Crescent Rose and charges at the oncoming Death Stalker. When the two meet, the Grimm swipes Ruby away and she is knocked back.