6. Quidditch trials

Start from the beginning

A loud gasp escaped from the girls next to me pulling me out of my thoughts.

"What, what happened!?" I asked frantically.

"L-Leon, just fell!" Lexi shrieked, getting out from her seat and rushing down the stairs to see if he was ok. She almost tripped over her own feet in a scramble to get to him. We followed close behind.

Running onto the pitch, disregarding the swooping players over our heads we made our way towards Leon. He was rolling and writhing on the ground in pain, with a few of the guys already crowding round him.

"Move!" Lexi demanded, making the boys shift slightly so she could see him.

"Lexi, sweetheart, I'll be fine," he said trying to get up but instead howling in pain when he put pressure on his wrist.

"Let's get him to the hospital wing." She ordered, signaling for Enzo and Draco to help get him up.

Lexi, Enzo, Draco and Venus helped get Leon to the hospital wing leaving Pansy, Blaise, Mattheo and me with the other quidditch players on the pitch.

"Well I think we'll finish try outs there then," Blaise announced to the rest of the players, "well played everyone and I'll make sure Malfoy puts the team sheet up soon". He received quite groans from the guys as he did so.

Blaise and Pansy walked on ahead to the changing rooms leaving me to fall behind with Mattheo. I was able to take in his appearance, his hair sticking to his forehead with sweat and his breathing still slightly ragged. Fuck he was hot.

"Well played," I congratulated. Even though I barely watched any of the match being too busy inside my own head.

"Thanks," he breathed, rapping an arm around my shoulder to bring me closer to him.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

It was around 6:30pm and dinner started at 7. Mattheo rejoined me after he got changed and we made our way to the dungeons so that I could get ready for dinner. Everyone else was either in the hospital wing with Leon or wondering the grounds. We assumed that we would all meet in the great hall in a bit.

The corridors were quiet. I guess I never noticed as I was always followed by an eruption of loud laughs and shouts from the group. We dawdled our way to my dorm room with a comfortable presence between us.

I pulled out my key and swiftly opened up my room and walked in. Mattheo didn't follow. Instead he stood in the door way, his arm resting above his head as he leant on the wooden frame.

"Are you coming in?" I asked expectantly.

"If you wish," he grinned, taking a long stride into the room and sitting with his legs sprawled on the edge of my bed.

I stripped off the hoodie I was wearing and placed it on my bed beside Mattheo and began rummaging through my draws for something to wear.

"This is Malfoy's number" Mattheo said with a smidge of annoyance in his voice as he observed the big number 7 on the back of the hoodie I had just torn off.

"Yes. It was his in year 4, I must have forgotten to give it back." I said dismissively.

"I'm sure he won't miss it." He said, throwing it into the air, pulling out his wand and casting  confringo. The hoodie burst into flames until only a small pile of ash was left, glimmering on the wooden floorboards of my bedroom.