• | Chapter Thirty-Five | •

Start from the beginning

"It's too early for this." She complained before tucking in her bottom lip when he left more kisses around her collarbone and on her neck.

"It's almost ten." He replied.

"Exactly, I could still be sleeping right now." She said just as he lifted his head and she giggled at his playful eyeroll. He leaned back down to kiss her once more, but she suddenly pressed her hands against his chest and stopped him. "Uh-uh, I haven't brushed my teeth."

"So?"

She scrunched her face into a playful look of disgust and knotted her brows. "That's nasty."

His hands slipped beneath her back and brought her up in an upright position before moving further down to grasp her ass. She laughed softly aloud when Michael hoisted her onto his waist and carried her into the bathroom to sit her on the marble counter. She jumped a little when the cold surface touched her skin. Before he fully pulled away, he left a wet, sloppy kiss on the crook of her neck and squeezed her cheeks in his hands.

"Well, freshen up so I can devour those scrumptious lips of yours." He whispered, then moved to the bathroom door. He turned slightly at the doorway and looked over her body once more before licking his lips. "And maybe something else."

Her face flushed hot as she shyly pulled the t-shirt further between her legs, where he shamelessly ogled her. He tossed a quick wink her way before shutting the bathroom door behind him.

"So last night wasn't a dream." She mumbled to herself. Another smile stretched across her face as she ran her fingers through her disheveled, tight curls. She quickly moved off the counter and did her usual morning routine as well as took a quick shower before changing in her bedroom.

Once she was dressed and moisturized, she made her way downstairs and into the kitchen where Michael had their food from the carry out boxes laid out on the island and a pitcher of juice sitting in the midst of it. The curved handle felt cold at his touch as condensation had settled over the glass and he poured them each a cup.

The sound of a small yawn made him glance over his shoulder at her standing by the tall archway. He could tell she wasn't fully awake from her drooping lids and the sluggish strides she took towards him.

"What are we eating?" She asked as she slowly took a seat on one of the stools and pushed some of her tight curls away from her face. A white bandana separated the loose front section of hair away from the rest that was pulled up into a large puff.

Michael reached forward and pulled her food towards her. "I got you eggs, bacon, some waffles, sausage, and a cup of fruit on the side."

She looked up and met his soft gaze, then smiled sweetly. "Thank you, you didn't have to go out and get us anything."

"Nonsense, you already cooked for us yesterday morning and I'm not going to eat all your food while I'm here." He chuckled a bit as he drew closer to her and circled his arms around her. His skin brushed against the soft fabric of her black tank top and his eyes landed on the thin plaid pajama shorts she wore.

She smiled from his kiss on her cheek as she grabbed the fruit cup and plopped a pineapple into her mouth. Once she finished chewing, she said, "When I first woke up, I thought you had gone back home."

He shook his head with furrowed brows. "No. I actually didn't want to get up this morning myself, but I wanted to have something for you to eat by the time you woke up."

"Aw, you're sweet." Her free hand lovingly ran over the firm muscles of his arms as she raised her head to look up at him again and he closed the gap between their begging lips.