Chapter 15

Yuzu's POV

For weeks or even months Mei avoided me as much as she could even when it came to school things that normally the president would handle she got Momokino to deal with when it came to me gradually I just sort of numbed out to everything I hadn't had a full night's sleep since she left so I was tired and part of me upset and angry but mostly I turned ignorant and some even started calling me cold I didn't bother ignoring the rules anymore instead choosing to let my natural black colour come back washing away all the chestnut colour I wanted no reminders of Mei anymore she obviously wanted nothing to do with me.

I heard talking when I got back to my mom and step dad's place I changed my shoes over and walked into the living room stopping when I seen Mei sitting on the couch talking to her dad "Yuzu" dad said with a smile "I have homework" I muttered shifting my bag up "please it won't take long" he sighed I looked at Mei who avoided my glance "whatever" I muttered going over and sitting on the armchair furthest from Mei "can you two at least deign one another with a greeting" he sighed she glanced at me "hello Yuzu" her voice was soft and slightly husky "Mei" I replied indifferently I then looked away to my step dad "what did you want" I asked he sighed "fine then it's just the school has arranged for all the girls to go to a camp for the break and everyone was split into groups evenly bar the two of you so you'll have to share the main dorm it's got one bed in it" he explained "no" Mei and I said together "i'm sorry girls but I don't have a say in the matter" he replied "I don't care i'm not going I can't go I can't share with Yuzu" Mei pleaded "I refuse to be anywhere near her" I spat out angrily shooting Mei a glare she flinched at the look "Yuzu-" she started "no you don't get to talk to me Mei not after spending months ignoring me as if it will kill you to even say hello upon occasion our parents are still married we're still siblings but you act as if i'm poison to you" I snapped "I had to" she whispered tears showing a couple slipped down "what does that even mean Mei you can't just avoid me for ages and then say you didn't have a choice" I said angrily "my grandfather said he kick you out of the school" she shouted "what" dad and I asked at the same time mom came in right then as well "grandfather he said if I had anything to do with you instead of focusing on my fiance and such he'd throw you out of the school" she admitted I scoffed "let me save him the trouble i've already put in for a transfer to an overseas school in America i'm sick and tired of seeing you every day but not being able to do anything" I said folding my arms she flinched hurt showing but nodded "I understand that but please know Yuzu that I do still love you and only you that is something he will never take away from me no matter what else he takes my feelings for you will always be there" she said sadly I sighed "does he know you're here" I asked she shook her head "no dad booked a hotel room for us tonight so as I could get away with staying here for the night" she confessed "whatever happens tonight you know it'll be the last time right I leave in a week for my new school" I said she nodded "yeah I do" she said softly I hesitated before glancing at our parents "what Mei and I do is our business and if you tell gramps I will never forgive either of you ever" I warned mom and dad shared a look "we just wanted the two of you out of your funks" mom admitted before her and dad actually left the apartment the second the door closed I kissed Mei giving a soft moan when she reciprocated the kiss.

The night was filled with soft touches not rushed in any way each of us seeming to memorise the other girl as I was falling asleep tucked against her I heard the soft promise whispered "I will end up with you if it's the last thing I do" I smiled and fell asleep.

The week went by too fast and before I knew it I was at my new school having chosen to say the smallest of goodbyes to my parents still not yet having forgiven them for what they did to Mei and I thankfully I had been practicing speaking English for a while now pretty much since Mei and I were split up "hey you my new roomie" I glanced up startled seeing the grinning girl at my doorway "hi" I said surprised "ooh an accent not from around here then" she asked I shook my head "where are you from then" she asked "Japan" I answered shortly "not much of a talker" she asked I shot her an apologetic look "sorry no" I replied she nodded going and sitting on her bed instead.