The Yule Ball

It's Saturday evening, every Hogwarts student is excited about the upcoming ball.
Harry potter wore robes of green which matched his Emerald green eyes. He didn't do anything about his messy black hair cause he's not that interested in the ball.
Ron weasley stood next to him, his robes cut more like a dress and accessorised with a lace collar. The edges are slightly silver-coated which makes it look more special.
They're waiting for their dates to show up.
After few more minutes,
Hermione and ginny walked down the stairs of the girl's dormitory.
Ron and Harry have the same look on their faces, stunned and blazing.
Hermione wore a long gown matching Ron's silver edge. She straightened her bushy hair a little and it perfectly suits her. In Ron's eye, she's the most beautiful girl in the whole world.
Ginny, on the other hand, also wore a long gown light green colour, unfortunately, it matched harry's costume as well as his eyes. She did her hair in a bridal style, leaving some strands of hair to fall on her face which made her look more pretty.
Harry disregarded his date as he stared at ginny wistfully.

"Mione you look..." Ron lost words.

Hermione blushed and smiled "you too, ron" she kissed him briefly on the lips.

Harry and ginny looked awkwardly at each other.

"Get a room guys" ginny commented.

"Who are you going with?" Ron asked ginny.

"Micheal," said ginny with no interest.

"Who gave you the permission to go with that bloke?" Glared ron.

Instantly ginny flared up. "Why would I need a permit?" She yelled.

Between their fight, hermione spoke to harry "harry..."

He interrupted her "I know mione, don't worry I'm fine" he lied.

She nodded.

"We shall go to the ballroom" ron stated.

"Yes, coming harry?" Asked mione.

"I have to wait for Parvati, you guys go ahead"

"Parvati?" Asked ginny.

"Yeah, she's my date," said Harry sternly.

"Oh," ginny left the common room.
______________________________________

The ballroom,
Harry and Parvati entered the ballroom along with dean and Padma.

Harry already started searching for ginny and he found her sitting next to Michael along with ron and hermione and luna and Neville around a round table.

Hermione waved at harry signalling to join them. Parvati grabbed his hand leading him to that table followed by dean and Padma.

Ginny looked at Harry as he joined them ignoring Michael's musings.

Dumbledore stood up to make an announcement. "Such a wonderful evening, thank you to the professors and Mr Filch for their help to decorate the ballroom. I think this will be the last ball for the sixth and seventh year's so I won't be wasting your precious twilight with my speech. Have an incredible time, dance!" He completed.

Immediately everyone with their respective pairs stepped onto the dance floor.

Micheal grabbed ginny's hand "come on ginny" he leads her to dance.

"Harry, shall we?" Asked Parvati sweetly.

Harry nodded.

They joined with everyone. They all vibed along with the songs except for harry and ginny. They just stood there miserably. Michael's trying to involve ginny but she kept shoving his hands away.

Abruptly a slow song began to play,  pairs got entangled with each other and started to dance. Parvati placed her arms around harry's shoulder, he hesitated a moment before he placed his around her waist. She smiled at him. He returned it.

Harry's trying everything to not look at ginny. So he glimpsed at hermione and ron who are dancing happily lost in their world.

It's been some time and harry couldn't ignore her anymore. So, he decided to peek at ginny.

He was shocked when he saw her, she's looking right at him. Her eyes gaze into his. Harry didn't believe this so he was searching around for who she's looking at but he found it's him. Ginny's staring at him. She wouldn't even budge, her eyes fixated on him.

Harry got lost in her eyes and stepped onto Parvati's toe. "Ow," she groaned.

"I'm sorry" he quickly apologised.

"No problem, are you okay?" She asked.

"Yea I'm... I'm good" he lied. They danced again.

Harry again peeked at ginny. Surprisingly, she is still staring at him. But this time with tear-filled eyes.

Tears started to roll down her cheeks yet she still didn't lose eye contact with harry. He is worried, he didn't understand what's going in ginny's head. He just wanted to take her in his arms.

All of a sudden, ginny left his eye contact and whispered something to Michael and stormed out of the ballroom.

Something's wrong with her thought harry so he excused himself from Parvati and ran after ginny.
_________________________________

There, he saw her. Ginny is crying so hard covering her face with her palms.

Harry immediately ran to her "ginny, what's wrong?" He asked worried as hell.

Hearing his voice she quickly brushed off her tears. She turned around to look at him. "Why are you here?" She glared.

Harry stepped forward "gin, why are you crying?" He asked.

She backed away"Don't come near me. Shouldn't you be dancing with Parvati?" She snapped at him.

"Ginny I saw you crying. You are more important than a stupid dance. Please answer me gin" he begged.

Ginny laughed mockingly "why are you acting like you care all of a sudden? You never do"

"Ginny I care--"

She interrupts him "what did I do, harry? Why do you not like me?" She cried even louder?

"I do like you gin" Harry retorted.

"But I love you!" She shouted.

Harry looked as he's been hit by a stunning spell and his eyes widened.

By seeing the look on harry's face ginny said "Oh don't act like you don't know. The whole school knows how I feel for you. But you....you go for every girl except me. I... I tried everything to make you feel the same as I do. But I'm nothing but Ron's little sister to you"

"That day at the Gryffindor tower, I said I had an exhaustive day you didn't even care to ask why but do you know the reason, the reason is you...you went on a date with cho! How do you expect me to feel? You always left me broken harry" she harshly brushed off her tears.

She continued between sniffles "and even the dare--"

Harry looked up with confusion.

"Yes, who do you think gave you the dare to kiss me? Dean? Why would he choose my name when they're loads of girls in this school." Harry felt his chest tighten and his knees went weak, he couldn't able to talk.

So close to the end, I think 2 or 3 more chapters left. I'll write as fast as possible.
I'm so thankful for all the support.
Love ya🥰🥰