The letter II

In library

Harry sat in the corner of the last table gripping his quill tightly resting it on a piece of parchment.

He was like that for a while now unsure of how to put down the feelings in just one letter.

Yet he started

Dear ginny

He stopped.

What now?  He thought.

He ran his hands through his messy hair with frustration.

'I should have asked Hermione. But then she would say these are your feelings harry you should work this up'

He rolled his eyes.

Dearest ginny,

      I am not very good at writing letters I mean this kind of letters. I'm quite surprised that I'm doing this. But I have this feeling like if I don't do this now I could probably lose you...to someone. You would be probably wondering what was this all about. Well, I like you, Ginny Weasley. I've been a mess lately. My day starts and ends with the thought of you.
    Ginny, you are the most beautiful, fierce and funny person I've ever met. I want to spend every minute with you that makes me delighted. Your smile can make my day. I'm too dumb for not noticing that before. It kills me to see you with other guys.
       I regret every moment for ignoring this feeling. Now it feels a lot better to write them down. Ginny, even you don't feel the same, please don't leave me. I can deal with your rejection but not when you dismiss me.

Yours,

As he was about to write his name ron showed up.

"Hey mate, what are you doing?" He asked sitting contrary to harry.

Harry was alarmed by Ron's sudden entry. He quickly threw the letter away in a way ron wouldn't notice.

"I was just hanging out" answered harry vaguely. Before Ron could ask other questions and harry spoke "where's Hermione?"

"Oh, she's working on herbology with Neville. No idea when she got interested in that" he shrugged.

Harry nodded.

"Did you see ginny anywhere?" He asked with a casual tone. Still, that name made harry's heart race.

"I didn't," Harry said quickly "why do you ask?"

"She used to hang out with us but now I hardly see her, you understand what I mean?" He said.

"Yes, I noticed." Harry agreed. He wanted Ginny to spend time with him more than anything but abruptly she wanted to spend her time with Michael freaking Corner.

"I saw her hanging out more with some Ravenclaw bloke" irked ron.

Harry was surprised to hear that from ron "you too?" His tongue slipped.

"You know about this?" Asked ron sharply.

"Uh..I mean Hermione mentioned something about this" he covered.

Ron nodded deeply in thought. Harry sighed with relief.

"Do you think they are dating?" inquired ron.

This hit harry hard in the chest. He fell silent for a moment.

"Harry!?" Ron shouted as he shook him to get his attention.

"What?" Snapped harry with annoyance.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, sorry," said Harry trying to shake off these now forming questions in his head.

"Shall we go to the common room then?" Said ron getting up from his seat.

"You go ahead, I'll be there in a bit"

"Okay," said ron as he walked away.

____________________________________

Harry quickly picked the letter which he had thrown before.

He took off to owlery. His thoughts were still on Ron's question nonetheless he brushed it off as he reached the owlery.

"Hedwig!" He called out.

Silence.

"Hedwig, girl!" Still no response.

After minutes of waiting for his owl, harry is exasperated.

What happened to her? Harry thought.
Instead of wasting his time more in there, he used another owl.

He tied his letter to that owl and gulped before saying the name "to Ginny Weasley" he whispered.

The owl immediately flew away.

Harry stood there for a few minutes lost in his thoughts.

He walked back to the castle vaguely. Unexpectedly he heard his name being called out in the corner.

"Harry!"

He looked around searching for the person. "Cho?"