she is never mine

"You don't have to act that way harry" huffed hermione.

"What should I do then? Let him insult me with his words?" Harry flared up.

"But snape's still a professor harry, that's not how you talk to him" hermione glared at him.

They're walking towards the common room after the potions class.

Harry rolled his eyes. "You'll never change"

"I don't have to. What did you achieve? You've got yourself in detention."

"Detention?" Asked ron as they reached the common room.

Hermione nodded sitting next to him.

"From snape?" He asked.

"Yes, nothing unusual," said harry.

"Whatever you've done, I think it's worth it" ron winked at harry.

Harry grinned "thanks mate"
_________________________________

It's been two days and harry still didn't get the chance to ask ginny. He's been busy with detention and he hardly saw her.

The day before the ball, Harry was searching for ginny everywhere instead he found dean calling him.

"Hey mate," he called out.

"Hey dean, how's it going?" Harry asked.

"Good, how's your detention with snape?"

"You know, I'm used to that" harry said.

Dean laughed. "Yeah, are you going to the ball?" He asked.

"I suppose, I don't have a date yet" Harry answered.

"Planning on asking someone?" Dean inquired.

"Umm not sure" lied harry. "What about you?"

"Yeah with Padma Patil" dean blushed.

"Good going" Harry grinned.

"Maybe you could go with Parvati, she hasn't got a date yet" discussed dean.

"Uh I'm not sure," Harry said messing his hair.

"That's okay mate, have you heard ginny's going with Michael? I told you they were a thing, I wonder how ron would react to this" he breathed.

Harry's eyebrow quirked up "gin...ginny's going with Michael?" He stammered.

"Yeah, I think ginny could do a lot better" commented Dean.

Harry's anger flared up. He didn't understand why everything's been so hard for him. Why can't he ask her and she says yes and they could be happy. How many times should he try this? Still...it doesn't work. Still...in the end, he's left broken.

He turned away from dean couldn't able to face him with tears in his eyes.
"Harry, you okay?" He asked placing his hands on harry's shoulder.

Harry furiously brushed his tears off. He turned around "actually, can you ask Parvati for me? I want to go with her"

"Sure, I'll let her know then. See you around harry" dean walked away.

Harry stumbled onto the floor. 'This is crazy, I was happy a minute ago imagining dancing with ginny all night, going back to the Gryffindor tower and stargazing, holding her in my arms telling how beautiful she looked and how much I like her. In a blink of an eye, it's all over. Now that I think about it, she is never mine. She is always with him from the beginning.'

Harry cried his eyes out that night. He's still angry with everything. He's not even a bit excited about the Yule ball. To be honest, it horrified him, that he should look at ginny and Michael dancing around the whole evening.
___________________________________