Chapter 42- you are not my father

*Audens POV*

I am woken from my nap with Emery dragging me out of bed. "Dude wakes the fuck up," she said. "Good morning to you too," I say sarcastically. "I think I found our dad," she says very seriously.

I don't know how to respond so I simply say "Huh" She rolls her eyes. "I went on Instagram and saw a profile named @/adrianjones-scott." I cut her off. "just cause someone has the same last name as us does not mean that's our long-lost brother." she hits me with a pillow. "let me finish." I mumble under my breath. "that's what she said" She just glared at me. "ANYWAY, his bio says 'son of famous author Hardin Scott' I clicked on his profile and saw some baby picture of when we were born. you know the one that is on the wall in the hallway." I stand there dumbfounded. "Don't tell Mom, and especially don't tell Elle." She nods and walks back into her room.

*Elena's POV*

"Emery, can I borrow a jacket of yours?" She nods and I head to her closet. I pick a jacket, and as I am heading out I notice Emery looked upset. "You good?" I ask. She nods. "Yea I'm fine." I nod and walk out the door. She is one hundred percent not fine. She keeps all her emotions buried until one day she snaps. I walk into Auden's room to see if he knows what's wrong with Emery. I knock and he tells me to come in. I sit on his bed while he's at his desk. "DO you know what's wrong with Emery?" He looks at me and just sighs. "No," I nod and walk out. I need to talk to my mom about this cause this is some weird-ass shit.

I walk into my mom's room and see she is laying in bed reading 'wuthering heights' "Mom?" I say, she opens the covers indicating she wants me to lay down with her. "What's up, bug?" Bug, the nickname I have had for years over my fascination with them. She turned over so now she is facing me.  I lay next to her and do what I do every time I lay next to my mom. I start to trace her face with my finger, staring at her eyebrows to end at her collarbone.

"Do you know what's wrong with Emery?" She looks at me confused."No, why do you think there is something wrong with her?" She questions "I asked for her jacket, and I noticed she looked upset. I didn't get close but it looked as if she was crying. And well it is Emery and well she never cries. So I thought I would come to talk to you then you can go talk to her." She nods.

She reaches the door of her room when there is a knock at the door.

*Tessa's POV*

I hear a knock at the door, I go to open it and see a person I have not seen in 12 years.

It's Hardin, I look behind him and see a boy around the age of 11. Is that his son?

"Hi," he says scratching his eyebrow. I hear the stairs creaking followed by Emery saying "Whos at the door?" She opens the door for her to see.

*Emerys POV*

He's here

He came back

The missing piece in my life, My father is back.

As I stand there looking at him I realize how much I look like him. The hair, the eyes, the lips, fuck even the nose. He tries to get a word in, but I don't let him I jump into his arms and hug him. He is taken back at first but eventually, he hugs me back. "You came back for us," I say. "I did, I came back. I promised you." I am sobbing into my dad's neck.

We are still standing there when Auden comes rushing down the stairs. "MOM EMERY IS HURT. I DONT KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN IT, CALL IT A TWIN THING I DONT CARE BUT I FEEL LIKE SHE IS HURT," I giggle.