[15] the girl and the wanderer

it's a little hard

but we're getting there together <3

-"take me some place ,," I begged the wanderer

-"take me some place ,," I begged the wanderer. he pondered for a moment

"where shall I take you ! ? certainly ,, my destinations aren't a place for you. you want to travel because you seek something correct?" ah ,, this wanderer was very good at reading people. .

I bit my lip subconsciously. I looked up to him with glassy eyes and a sad smile.

"take me wherever you please ,, as long as it's far from home. for I seek solace to heal my wounds. they've never time to scar after all these years ," a sob wrecks my body. " the inflicter always reopens them when they get a chance to scab."

the wanderer took pity upon me. although his face was hidden by the shade of his hat and cloak ,, it was obvious his features had softened for my pathetic looking form.

before I new it he had scooped me up onto his camel and I was embraced by him. although it was hot because of the desert ,, I didn't dare reject this warm embrace.

" the journey ahead will be difficult ,, though i'm sure it's worth it. do you wish to proceed with me?" I looked up to wanderer and stared into his yellow eyes. anxiety grew in the pit of my stomach.

I couldn't get off now though. "I wish to proceed." I spoke in the firmest voice I could. though it came out quite frail.

from the glow of his golden eyes ,, I can see that he smiled for me. a beautiful smile it was. he patted my head and nodded.

"then we shall."

here's a quote by someone who's stories I love:

"In which recovery is a slow and terrible process, and you are starting at the bottom. Because to get back to the top, sometimes you need to go back to square one. ."
- deareststars : Shrike

I've said this quote before ,, I just love it ,, as well as their other stories. they've helped me out a lot.

am I on the road to recovery? that's a hard question. i'd like to doubt I am sometimes ,, but I'm beginning.

that road's long. but it's okay.

you can do it.

I believe in you ,, who ever is reading this and going through the same thing.

I love you. 🤍💙

- Yours Truly