Chapter 11

Harry woke up to the sun shining in his eyes. He glanced around to see Liam and Zayn talking quietly among themselves. Louis was still asleep, Niall tucked into his chest, looking incredibly small, his head resting under Louis' chin, small snores coming from the lad. 

"Well would you look at that, seems Louis and the kid made friends after all," Zayn huffed, rolling his eyes. 

"Drop it Zayn, you know how Louis gets, let's just have a good day alright," Liam said gently to Zayn. "Oh good morning Haz," Liam spoke to the curly lad, "sleep ok?"

Harry smiled at his two brothers, glancing softly at Niall cuddled into Louis, his smile widened at that. "Yep yep, should we wake those two?" Harry replied. 

Liam gave a nod, reaching over and shaking Louis awake, succeeding in waking the blonde with him. 

Niall shot up, frightened. He froze, unclear of where he was, still half asleep. 

"Hey Niall buddy it's ok, your safe, you've been with me the whole time remember?" Louis soothed, before the boy could work himself up.

Niall let out a breath of relief, nodding. He relaxed back into Louis, still settled on his lap. Wrapping his arms around his torso, he snuggled his head into Louis' strong warm chest, still tired and close to drifting off after his late night. 

"Niall babe it's time to get up now," Louis cooed, rubbing the small boys back. 

Niall whined, looking up into Louis' wise blue eyes. "Have ta?" Niall mumbled, sitting up in Louis' lap and resting his head on the older boy's shoulder. 

"Yeah Niall, it's time to go, this city has nothing to give." Zayn spoke up, glancing at his cracked watch.

.

.

The boys walked up to the roof of the store to make sure there was no zombies on the path back to the truck. The boys sighed in relief when they saw their path was clear. As they were about to walk down the stairs to leave, they heard voices coming up the stairs to the roof. 

"Hey, who the hell are you people. Come on let's have some fun." A fat man with short stubble said climbing up the stairs reaching the roof. A slightly shorter man was behind him, his eyes locked on Niall. 

"Woah woah, we don't want any trouble, we were just leaving," Liam said stepping front of the boys. Harry lifted Niall on to his hip and held the boys close. A defensive look in his eyes, like a mother bear. Niall whimpered and clutched on to Harry. 

"Now now, what fun would that be, we just got here," The man said, with an evil smirk. 

"Just let us down the stairs and we'll be gone," Zayn spoke up stepping beside Liam, his hands held up in defense. 

"How about you boys go on ahead and leave the baby with us," The shorter man spoke up from behind his partner. 

"NO Liam no," Niall whined tears welling up in his eyes, he held Harry's shirt tightly in his fists. Harry shushed the boy. 

"He stays with us," Liam said flatly, stepping closer to the two men. 

"You better watch yourself boy," The man said, curling his fists. "This doesn't have to get dirty. Just hand over the boy and we'll be on our way." 

"I said no dumbass, so move before I make you" Liam snarled, Zayn and Louis stepped forward as well, ready to attack.

Harry set Niall down behind them all. "NOOO Harry don't, stoopp," Niall whined reaching up for Harry. 

"Stay right here Nialls its fine, were gonna take care of this," Harry said pushing Niall further back from the men. He then joined his older brothers, ready to fight. 

"Fine, have it the hard way," the man said, smiling widely. 

"Aww your poor baby is crying, why don't I shut him up," the shorter man recalled, making a face at Niall. Liam threw the first punch then, and all hell broke loose. 

The teens struggled to fight off the two men. Completely unaware there was a third one, who had snuck up the stairs after the fight arose and grabbed Niall. Oblivious to Nialls screams as they fought. 

The third man took Niall, and with that, the other two men ran away down the stairs. 

"We did it lads!" Louis cheered, they all hugged and turned around to grab Niall. Their hearts stopped when the kid was no where to be seen. 

They watched from the roof as three men ran down the street towards a car, holding a screaming Niall. 

The world had just fallen apart. 

XX

Hi, hey, me here, so sorry I haven't updated in a while. 

I'm hoping to write more soon.

Anyways, HAPPY PRIDE MONTH

I love you all

Be who you are and love whoever the fuck you want

Stay safe 

<3