Chp. 2 The Shining Beacon Part 1

Start from the beginning

Weiss: Unbelievable! This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about!

Ruby: I'm really, really sorry!

Weiss: Ugh, you complete dolt! What are you even doing here? Aren't you a little young to be attending Beacon?

Ben: Hey, Little Miss Entitled I'll say it again. Lay off her case, it was accident.

Ruby: Well, I-I...

Weiss: This isn't your ordinary combat school. It's not just sparring and practice, you know! We're here to fight monsters, so... watch where you're going!

Ruby: Hey, I said I was sorry, princess!

Blake: It's heiress, actually. Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world.

Weiss: Finally! Some recognition!

Blake: The same company infamous for its controversial labor forces and questionable business partners.

Weiss: Wha- How dare- The nerve of... Ugh!

Weiss storms off in anger after hearing the remark made about her family business.

Ruby: I promise I'll make this up to you! I guess I'm not the only one having a rough first day... So, what's...

Ruby turns around see Blake walking away from her, she then collapses to the ground.

Ruby: Welcome to Beacon...

Ben: You okay Ruby?

Ben sits down beside her until a familiar face shows up offering her his hand.

Jaune: Hey... I'm Jaune.

Ruby: Ruby.

Ben: Ben.

Ruby: Aren't you the guy that threw up on the ship?
-----------------------------------------------------------
The trio then begin walking along a path in the courtyard.

Jaune: All I'm saying is that motion sickness is a much more common problem than people let on!

Ruby: Look, I'm sorry! Vomit Boy was the first thing that came to mind.

Jaune: Oh, yeah? What if I called you Crater Face?

Ruby: Hey, that explosion was an accident!

Ben: All I know is never get into the name game with me I've got 62 friends and they all have better names than that.

Jaune: Well, the name's Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue - ladies love it!

Ruby: Do they?

Ben: Yeah, overconfident much?

Jaune: They will! Well, I-I hope they will. My mom always says that... Never mind.

Soon the group is surrounded by an awkward silence. Ruby finally decides to break the silence.

Ruby: So... I got this thing!

Ruby pull out Crescent Rose and transforms it slamming the scythe blade into the ground.

Jaune: Whoa! Is that a scythe?

Ruby: It's also a customizable high-impact sniper rifle!

Jaune: A-wha...?

Ruby: It's also a gun.

Jaune: Oh. That's cool!

Ruby: So what've you got?

Jaune: Oh! I, uh... I got this sword!

Ruby: Ooooohh!

Jaune: Yeah, and I've got a shield, too!

Ruby: So, what do they do?

Ruby touches Jaime's shield causing to retract he fumble with his shield with I constantly contracting and retracting until he finally gets ahold of it.

Jaune: The shield gets smaller, so when I get tired of carrying it, I can just... put it away...

Ruby: But... wouldn't it weigh the same?

Jaune: Yeah, it does... So... What's your weapon Ben?

Ben: All I need is this bad boy right here.

Ben holds up his wrist revealing the Omnitrix to them, light glistening off of it.

Jaune: A watch? So what does it do?

Ben: Well I mean it's a little complicated how it works but I'll show you later.

Ruby: Who cares how it works! You should've seen him Jaune he was like "Thooooooom and Woooosh" and then he curled into a ball and floated it was amazing!

Ben: Well I've got a lot more where that came from.

Ruby: Well, I'm kind of a dork when it comes to weapons, sooo... yeah I geeked out about Ben's weapon and I guess I did go a little overboard when designing Crescent Rose.

Jaune: Wait - you made that?!

Ruby: Of course! All students at Signal forge their own weapons! Didn't you make yours?

Jaune: It's a hand-me-down. My great-great-grandfather used it to fight in the war.

Ruby: Sounds more like a family heirloom to me! Well, I like it! Not many people have an appreciation for the classics these days.

Jaune: Yeah, the classics...

Ruby: So why'd you help me out back there? In the courtyard?

Jaune: Eh, why not? My mom always says, 'Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet.'

Ruby: Hmm. Hey, where are we going?

Jaune: Oh, I don't know! I was following you two. Y-You think there might be a directory? Maybe a food court? Some sort of recognizable landmark? Is, uh... Is that a 'no'?"

Ruby: That's a 'no'.
-----------------------------------------------------------