006. a paradox personified

⌜ 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 ⌝
ᵗᵒᵐ ᵐᵃʳᵛᵒˡᵒ ʳⁱᵈᵈˡᵉ

⌜ 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 ⌝ᵗᵒᵐ ᵐᵃʳᵛᵒˡᵒ ʳⁱᵈᵈˡᵉ

(🥀)═══ CHAPTER SIX
❝ a paradox personified ❞

As the sun began its descent, casting a warm glow over the landscape, the Hogwarts Express drew nearer to Hogsmeade's station.

Inside one of the compartments, Mazikeen carefully brushed Artemis's fur, her fingers gliding through the sleek, dark coat. The rhythmic sound of the train and the occasional whistle added to the serene ambiance.

On the other side of the compartment, Abraxas was engrossed in the book Mazikeen had pulled out earlier that day. The soft rustle of pages turning merged with the steady hum of the train. Dressed in their Hogwarts robes, anticipation and excitement filled the air.

Mazikeen looked up from her task, catching Abraxas's gaze. "Nervous about the Sorting?" she asked, breaking the quietude.

Abraxas glanced up from his book, a thoughtful expression on his face. "A bit, I suppose," he confessed. "Aren't you?"

She shrugged, a small smile playing on her lips. "Not really," she said. "I figure wherever the Sorting Hat places me, it must have a good reason."

Abraxas nodded, seemingly reassured by her perspective.

The train started to slow, signaling their imminent arrival. The adventure at Hogwarts was about to begin, and the mysteries of the magical world awaited them just beyond the station's platform.

As the Hogwarts Express rounded the final bend, the majestic silhouette of Hogwarts Castle came into view.

The castle stood proudly against the backdrop of the darkening sky, its turrets and towers outlined by the fading sunlight. The expansive lake reflected the last hues of sunset, creating a serene and magical atmosphere.

Abraxas couldn't contain his excitement, his eyes widened and a bright grin lighting up his face. "Look at that! It's incredible!" he exclaimed, practically pressing his face against the window.

Mazikeen, sitting more composedly, took in the breathtaking sight with a serene expression. Her eyes held a quiet appreciation for the beauty of Hogwarts, the castle she was about to call home.

"It's stunning," she agreed, her gaze lingering on the castle's timeless charm.

Finally, the train rolled to a gentle stop at Hogsmeade Station. As they prepared to disembark, both Mazikeen and Abraxas carried a mix of excitement and wonder, ready to step into the enchanting halls of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.