cold showers, the smell of lavender, and calming music

small author's note!!

i just wanted to say that i don't support the actions of some of the people included in this story anymore, but they are still included in the plot, and this fic is ending somewhat soon anyways. 

If the inclusion of these people bother you feel free to click out of the fic, i'll most likely start every chapter with those people included with a quick note similar to this one from here on out, take care of yourself and know what your triggers are! :)

anyways, enjoy the chapter!! :)

-------

An annoyingly bright, blinding light enters your bedroom from the smallest gap between your curtains. Directly shining into your eyes. You sigh, rolling onto your side in a half-assed attempt to get the sun out of your eyes and delve back into sleep. 

Needless to say, your efforts are fruitless, and you sit up slowly. Rubbing the sleepies out of your eyes.

A buzz from the phone charging beside you interrupts the lazy beginnings of a yawn. You heave out yet another sigh and reach out blindly, grabbing the phone.

-------

Twitter

Mr Beast

Hello y/n!

Just a reminder that the audition for the irl challenge is today! It will be live on the Mr Beast official twitch channel and there will be some eliminations! Don't leak that you are involved in the audition stream until we leak it in a tweet. It will be held at 8 pm EST. See you then, good luck!

-------

oh shit.

You completely forgot the audition was today. The vague memory of the original DM you received last night informing you about the date and time of the event passes through your mind. Sitting up slowly, you run a hand through your tangled hair and look around your room for something to wear. 

Memories of the night before fade in and out as your eyes come to rest upon your streaming set up. 

"I like you too"

You want to hit yourself and hug yourself at the same time. 

And Quackity?

Ugh. That was a curse and a blessing and everything in between all at once.

It all began with a simple, sleep-deprived compliment. The truth, of course, but you hadn't exactly meant for the words "you're beautiful" to escape your lips. You especially didn't mean to receive a response.

"and so much more"

The words, uttered in soft silence bounce around noisily in your head.

You force yourself to get out of bed, knowing that if you don't start the day now, it might as well be over already. You had things to do today, important things. Swooning over a boy, a boy who just last night admitted his feelings for you, would have to wait. After all, last night you both claimed it had to wait for sleep as well.

"um, i'm really tired karl, it might be better for the both of us to get some sleep now"

"oh yeah, duh, good idea"

"goodnight, sleep well"

"you too, sweet dreams y/n"

You almost want to go back in time and punch your past self in the face. Normally after confessions of such feelings as the ones you both confessed to happen, a conversation happens. Steps are taken, boundaries set, etc, etc, etc. Nope! Apparently that didn't work with you two. And now you might have to speak to him tonight during a live stream. 

God, how am I supposed to act normal and compete after that?

Nearly stumbling from the exhaustion, completely due to staying awake for far too long with little to no sleep, you head towards your bathroom to take a shower. Better to wash off last night's regrets and whatnot. You check the time as you grab a soft, light blue towel from your bathroom's self. 

3:48. Fair enough.

Now you only had 4-5 ish hours to get ready for this important thing. Not only would you get the chance to interact with creators you otherwise wouldn't even dare talking to, you have a chance to expand your audience drastically. You had to be on your A-game tonight. And to do that, you should probably wash up. 

Turning the handle to your shower, you almost allow yourself to turn it to the hottest possible setting, but you relent to the smarter side of your brain, which is telling you that a cooler shower will probably wake you up. You swipe your phone open to put on some calming music. Your eyes even flicker to a candle sitting at the corner of your sink. 

Well, when else am I going to use this?

You light it with care, and its gentle aroma seeps into the air around you. 

And with a sigh, you step into the cold shower.

-------

Mid-song your music stops, and is replaced with a repetitive buzzing. Of course you would get a phone call now, just when you were finally relaxing into the coolness of the shower.

Knowing the call's possible importance, you step, still dripping wet, out of the shower and quickly wrap a towel around yourself.

INCOMING CALL

karl j :)

ACCEPT            DECLINE

-------

so sorry for the delay you guys!!

hope you're all doing alright, take care of yourselves!!