VC 2

You let out a sigh. You've just ended a 3-hour long stream. Your first stream on the smp. How crazy is that?  You turn on some relaxing music and sit back in your chair a bit. You've been a streamer for about a year now, and you've been streaming Minecraft for only about 3 months. Somehow someway, Dream and some of the other members of the smp stumbled upon one of your building streams and thought you would be a great fit for the smp. After talking out the details and such, he invited you to officially join the server. You had watched a few of them a couple times, but you rarely had time to get to know all of them before this, with your own streaming and all. You enjoyed the lore of the smp, after hearing bits and pieces throughout the three hours. I hope I can be a part of it all eventually. For now, Dream told you to just sit to the side until you got sent the outline of the script after you chose what side you wanted to be a part of. Seems like I should get to know everyone a bit better, now that I'm off-stream.

As if on cue, you get a notification of a call coming in on discord from VC 2. You don't get the chance to look at who it's coming from until you tap to accept. 

"Hey y/n!"

"Hey Karl!" you reply, happy it was him that called you. He seemed like a lot of fun. Maybe I'll join whatever side he's on? 

"So how do you like the smp so far? I saw you just ended stream and I wanted to see how you feel about this all," he asks. He was watching my stream?  

"I love it so far!" You respond, "I love the lore, the chaos, the destruction, the cool builds, especially the people. Everyone here seems so nice!"

"I know!" He laughs, and you can't help but laugh along with his dorky giggle. "Oh, I love this song!" He shouts. You forgot you were even playing music, and smile. You were playing Sweater Weather. 

"Me too, it's my new favorite lately!" 

You hear the notification ding as someone else joins the call. "Hey y/n!" 

"Hey! It's Wilbur, right?" You ask, still learning everyone's names. 

"Yeah, I was actually wondering if you wanted to talk about participating in the storyline yet or if you were still settling in?" He asks. Oh gosh, I wonder why he's asking so soon?

"I'm good to talk now, Karl and I were just hanging out," you reply. Karl and I.

"It's great you're both here then, have you chosen which nation you wanted to join yet?"

"Uh, no, not yet," you laugh. Even though you've been on the smp with everyone for a few hours, you feel like you barely know anything about it all. 

"Great actually! Tommy, Dream, and I been writing ahead a little for the script, and we thought it would be really cool if you joined the newly created Kinoko Kingdom?" Wilbur asks excitedly.

"I'm sorry, I forget which one that is again! Everything's still so new!" 

"That's my kingdom!" Karl exclaims, "I can start writing you in some stuff!" You feel your cheeks heat up. Thank goodness I'm not streaming anymore so nobody sees how red my face just got! I just met the guy and my heart races whenever he talks.

"That would be awesome then!" You nearly shout, "who else is in it?" You almost smack yourself on the forehead for how desperate that sounded.

"It's me of course, Sapnap, and George so far." You hear the smile in Karl's voice and you swear your face gets hotter. "It was originally just going to be the movement of my lore library, you know all the stuff with the Inbetween and time travelling, but we decided to make a whole nation out of it to kind of stay away from all of the more dramatic parts of the smp lore. It might be a good place to start out with so you don't have to be super involved right away."

"That sounds awesome, I'd love to be a part of it!" You giggle. 

"Great, I'll start writing you in then and I'm sure Karl will do the same, thanks y/n!" Wilbur replies and promptly leaves the call. 

"Well I guess I'd better show you around a bit now that you're going to be living here," Karl says to you. You smile. Today really can't get any better. 

Karl shows you around his new nation, and you two begin to bond. It turns out that you two have more in common than just monster energy drinks and music taste. You both love sweaters and crewneck sweatshirts, always comfy. You talk and walk around the kingdom filled with flowers for nearly two hours more. You love his laugh, that dorky giggle he always does, the way you can hear the smile in his voice. 

"I was wondering if I could get your number?" He asks.

"What?" You ask. Your heart races, thinking of all the reasons he might want your phone number. Why you?

"Oh, you know, in case we want to talk about the kingdom or if you have any questions about any of the lore and stuff," he replies calmly. You shake your head. Of course, dummy, he doesn't think of you like that, he's only known you for a day!

"Oh, yeah, of course!" You read your digits out to him and ask him for his in return. What should I put his contact name and photo as? I'll just settle for Karl J without a pfp for now, I don't have any pictures of him yet.

You hit Create New Contact on your phone as his number loads in. You smile to yourself as you both settle into a comfortable silence. Karl and I.