Welcome

You put your headset on with jittery hands. How hard could this really be? You take a deep breath as a discord notification appears on the screen in front of you. Adjusting the mic, you carefully drag your mouse to answer the call. You hear multiple voices talking at once, and begin to feel overwhelmed already. 

"Welcome to the Dream SMP y/n!" You hear Dream's voice shout out to you above the others. 

"Hello!" You manage to squeak out a response, but it doesn't seem as if anyone was able to hear you. The excited jumbled speaking of over 10 people continues on. 

"Everyone calm down, I can't hear a thing she's saying!" A voice called out. You feel the heat rise to your cheeks slowly and watch as one by one, each member of the smp in the call mutes themselves. 

"Why don't you introduce yourself y/n?" Dream asks, urging you into the conversation once more. You let out a small sigh, this whole situation feels like the first day of a high school class. 

"Um, hello everyone, my name is y/n and uh..." you rack your brain trying to remember the sentence you had prepared yourself to say just minutes before you joined the call.

"Nice to meet you y/n," says Tommy, a voice you recognize, "if you don't know me already I am TommyInnit, also known as big man." You laugh, knowing exactly who Tommy is, and let out a sigh of relief. The others in the call laugh about tommy as Wilbur begins correcting him, and introduces himself as well. 

"Hey y/n, I'm Wilbur Soot, its nice to finally meet you." 

"It's nice to finally meet you too!" You relax your shoulders, maybe this isn't so bad anymore. You smile and laugh at the antics of everyone in the call as they all take turns introducing themselves. Because you were a bit of a fan of them when you began streaming, you know most of them, but there are a few voices and names you don't quite recognize.

"Hi y/n, my name's Karl," you hear a kind voice say. The name rings a bell but you can't put a face to them just yet. When the long list of names and introductions is finished, Dream asks you to tell everyone a little bit about yourself. 

"Uh I'm not particularly interesting," you reply, gaining a few laughs from the others. 

"Well just start off with what some of your favorite things are," you hear Dream ask. 

"Okay, well, my favorite color is purple, not like indigo but kind of lavender? Um, my favorite food is pizza and I like Monster energy drinks."

"No way, I love Monster!" You hear Karl giggle. You laugh with him and continue. 

"I'm a dog AND cat person because I can never choose which I like better, I like ladybugs, I like chrysanthemums, and I like playing Minecraft obviously," you finish your introduction with a little laugh as you hear Tommy asking "what the bloody hell" chrysanthemums are. 

A little time passes, and you decide to start up your stream as Dream whitelists you to the server. Mostly everyone has begun their own streams now, and are in separate VCs with their groups. You are left with Dream, George, and Sapnap, who give you a small starter kit filled with tools, food, and some basic iron armor. Your chat is ecstatic that you're a part of the smp now, and you watch as your follower count steadily rises. Dream, George, and Sapnap give you a small tour of the smp, showing you all of the various builds and locations of the server. You walk along the "Prime Path" as they call it when you run into Karl, Quackity, and Schlatt. They join the vc you, Dream, George, and Sapnap are in. 

"Hey y/n, how are you liking the smp so far?" You hear Quackity call out to you.

"I love it so far, though there are way too many creeper holes everywhere!" You let out a laugh and hear Karl's giggle. He has a kind voice, one that makes you relax just a bit more. As they all start talking and describing some of the history of the smp, you decide to peek over to Karl's stream. Maybe he has a facecam that can help me pinpoint who he is? As you open up his stream on a separate monitor, you feel your face flush slightly. So that's who he is!  You've seen him before in Mr. Beast videos. His dorky laugh brings you back into reality, remembering that you're supposed to be listening to the history of the server. You click back on to the game, and listen to all of the events leading up to the current nations and state of the smp. It's a far more complicated and long history than you had thought! Schlatt is laughing, recounting his time as President of Manberg as Quackity makes jokes about having the biggest ass in the cabinet. 

You smile. They're all so kind. I can't wait to get closer to each and every one of them.