Dahlias, carnations, begonias...

"hmm alright chat, alright." Karl hummed softly into his mic, leaning his cheek onto the palm of his hand. "I think that's gonna be it for tonight, because I know that I am very tired and have a very busy schedule for tomorrow, and I know that y/n is also very sleepy because she texted me about five minutes ago saying, 'karl, karly poo, karlina, i am so very tired, i crave death.'" His laughter rang out from your headphones as you tucked your knees to your chest. 

"I speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth," you murmur in response and rest your head against your knees. You feel as if you're going to fall asleep on the spot. Your eyelids feel heavy, and have already been drooping shut for the past half hour of the four hour long stream.

"Yeah yeah whatever y/n, I'll stop streaming just for you," he chuckled. "Yeah, that'll be it for tonight chat, thank you all for stopping by, you all are so handsome, take care of yourselves! Let me know when you see this and I'll send you off to Punz, he's currently sucking at speedrunning." He pauses just for a minute to watch as chat messages from his many viewers fly by. "Alright chat! Byeeeee," he drags his goodbyes out and you pipe up, saying your farewells to the viewers as he quietly begins to shut down his stream.

You wrap your soft, blue blanket tighter around your shoulders and let out a soft sigh. A soft hum comes through the discord call as he finishes ending his stream and wrapping everything up. 

"Thank you for letting me on stream, karly poo," you murmur into the comfortable silence that blankets the call. 

"No problem, dummy," he responds just as soft, matching your sleepy tone. 

"I suppose it wouldn't be best to have that particular conversation while we're both exhausted, huh?" You almost shock yourself by the slight boldness that seeps into your words, but at the earliest hours of the morning, after a day full of excitement, anxiety, fear, and marble Olympics, you couldn't care less. 

"Oh, uh, if-" he begins to stammer, stumbling over his own words. 

"I'm just kidding, I'm just really tired right now and I think I would fall asleep if this conversation turned towards anything semi-serious," you laugh softly, gazing up at your bright computer screen, where a livestream of his face still appears in discord. His cheeks are flushed ever so slightly with a kind of pinkish-red color. A soft reminder to the color of California poppies, or even mariposa lilies. Your mind flits softly to all of the different kinds of flowers in the world. Daisies, azaleas, cherry blossoms, chrysanthemums...

You can nearly feel yourself drifting to a far away place. To open meadows filled with the brightest of flowers, coming in every color of the rainbow. To the sun shining warmly on your face, gracing your skin with its far-off presence. To the sweet aroma of sweet honey, and millions of flowers. It all awaits you, welcoming you in with arms made of silky, tall grass and soft moss that your toes could simply sink into. 

"y/n? are you still here?"

His voice, yet so soft, violently rips you away from the sweet, sickly scents and the gentle presence of a far away reality. 

"yeah, sorry," your voice comes out as more of a rasp than the soft humming of before. "I think I drifted off for a minute, did you say anything?"

"oh, uh, don't worry about it," he laughs softly, but you're far too tired to decipher it's emotional relevance. "why don't you get into bed, hmm?"

"ugh, too tired," you can only mumble in response, your mouth refusing to open any wider. 

"mm i can tell dummy, but you know that you get neck cramps if you sleep in your desk chair," he chides, his voice even softer than before. You will your eyes to open once more to gaze upon his face. It's evident that his completed focus is upon you, even as you sit, curled upon a chair in the dark. The only light illuminating you is the blue-toned light your monitor emits. His features are softened, and though his smile is faded from having one dorkily plastered onto his face all stream, he still seems to be smiling as bright as before. If that even makes any sense. His eyes are ever so slightly creased at the corners, downturned just enough to give him the look of a pleading puppy. His cheeks are still graced with the soft pink that had made you slide into your dream-state just minutes ago. His hair washes over his forehead, sticking out in nearly all different directions. 

"You're beautiful."

A simple statement, yet one neither of you were expecting to fly so suddenly from your parted lips. Your eyes, drooping shut just moments ago, are suddenly wide in shock. You shouldn't be so surprised, you do get just a little bolder in the hours typically meant for sleeping. 

He looks away from his monitor quickly as the soft pink, that poppy pink, grows to a red, similar to that of a rose. His eyelids flutter shut as your fingertips buzz with a slight nervousness. 

Clearing his throat he responds in nearly a whisper,

"so are you."

-------

891 words

this was a bit of a shorter chapter, but it was filled with description so hopefully that makes up for it a bit!

i hope you liked this chapter, tell me what you would want to see happen in the upcoming ones!!

now make sure to get some good sleep, you wattpad goblin, and make sure to drink plenty of water and eat something that'll make your body happy

i love you all, thank you for the endless support <3