Part 13: A New Friend?

The forest felt so eerie and he suppressed a shiver as he heard a bunch of critters wander around in the foliage. He really hoped he wouldn't see any bugs. The wind rolled the trees and branches, shaking the leaves and brushes around them. It felt so eerie. He was sure if he wasn't being led, he wouldn't have known where to go. Especially when there were no paths. Hawks followed a woman who'd introduced herself as Shiro.

Shiro had long white hair with light pastel highlights in pink and fading to yellow at the ends. She also has bright red eyes rimmed with yellow. Those eyes were full of intelligence and calculating, he'd only ever seen those eyes in people with intellectual quirks or the analysis HC occasionally brought over. It was strange to see those eyes in someone who didn't have an intelligence quirk, or no quirk at all.

It had been a risk approaching a random quirkless woman in hopes of being taken to the right group. But with the amount of research he'd done, and his own disability, it paid off. He was grateful that they had given him the resources to do some intensive research and that his own quirklessness was useful for once, even if it was to do recon. Now he was being taken to the base.

This was almost too easy.

He had already been interrogated earlier and he already given his superiors the location of the base according to what little land marks he could find along the path- since he wasn't allowed to bring any electronics and it turned out the area of the base had some kind of scrambler that blocked tracking devices. Now that he'd gained a bit of trust, he was allowed to meet with the other members.

Shiro knocked on the door- a special knock, Hawks noticed.

Then the door opened and a woman looked at them with a smile. She had long hair that was brown and turning to pink halfway then fading to pastel pink at the ends. Up close, Hawks could see how her eyes were big, brown and round. It reminded him of a doe, innocent and kind looking.

"Hey. New recruit?" She asked.

Hawks glanced at Shiro who nodded.

"Come in." The pink haired woman let them inside.

"Thanks." Hawks said and stepped inside with Shiro, the door closing behind them.

He looked around and noticed how similar it was to the base of the LOV, when he first joined in.

Everything looked broken. Not that he had any leg to stand on to judge. It was just an abandoned warehouse that had been turned into a hideout.

But there were a lot of people. He hadn't known there were this many quirkless people here. Maybe that 4% of the population was actually a lot when gathered.

Were all the quirkless people here?

"You're the new recruit?"

Hawks looked over and saw another woman with short black pixie style hair cut with a bang highlighted pink, purple and blue covering her right eye. She was wearing a black leather jacket, a pink shirt and black pants

"Yes." Hawks agreed.

"Naomi." The woman held her hand out. "And you?"

"Hawks." Hawks replied. He'd never really had any other name.

Naomi raised a brow. "Your name."

"That.. um.. is my name." Hawks shifted uncomfortably.

"That's not your real name and you know it." Naomi said bluntly. Suddenly Hawks noticed her eyes.

She had sectoral heterochromia. Half of her eyes were blue, and the other half was pink. In both eyes.

Pretty, but at the moment, he felt small because those eyes were boring into him.