Part 1: Prologue

Notes:

This fanfiction was written as a roleplay collab between Tereox_X and SkylerSkyhigh.
Edit done by Sky and X.

Warning. This is not a happy story, please read the tags.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was another beautiful day in Musutafu.

Heroes patrolled the area. Criminal and villain activity was contained.

Despite All Might no longer being a prominent hero, his presence still remained.

Everything seemed peaceful.

"Hey Quirkless!"

Izuku flinched when paperwork was shoved into his arms, trying not to spill the cardboard tray of coffee he had in his hands.

"File these cold cases, would you?" The officer said rudely and left without another glance.

Izuku sighed but complied. He went to work, trying not to spill the coffee on either him or the files he was carrying.

It was a beautiful day. But for 22 year old, quirkless Midoriya Izuku, it was just another day at the station.

He was a police officer, somehow having managed to snag a school and get the education he needed. Among them was his diploma in Criminology.

He didn't really have any chances at getting a better job though due to discrimination.

Despite having certificates in multiple subjects, including computer science, advanced quirk theory, quirk laws, etc.

It sucked, but such was life.

Izuku dropped off the coffee to his coworkers who didn't give him a glance before heading to the storage room in the basement.

He sighed and looked over the paperwork.

Cold cases. A lot of them.

But he saw a few reports of quirkless people going missing. Not only that, these were as recent as last week.

He hated it.

He glanced around before opening the files and memorizing the information.

If no one would find them, then he would.

After that, he dutifully fulfilled his tasks.

That was how he spent most of his days.

Despite being a police officer, everyone treated him like an intern. Or rather, a maid. Someone who brought their drinks, their food, the one who filed the cases, the one who grabbed files and delivered packages and cases to other officers. Even when he'd been an officer for three, almost four years.

To be fair, the interns got treated better than him.

He was quirkless. He was lucky enough to land this job at all.

No one wanted a liability.

Izuku sighed.

That was just how the world worked.

He finished up filing and walked back up. He managed to see a glimpse of a criminal being brought in by Ground Zero.

Or rather, Bakugo Katsuki.

He hid behind the doorway.

He really didn't want to encounter Bakugo. He was a well-known pro hero now and still hated him.