13 | Captured Like A Bad Guy~

Comenzar desde el principio

They both swung their staffs together, clashing and forming an X. Clang. Clang. Clang. Their wooden poles noised the whole area. Crows gathered to watch, finding this interesting. Seren retreated backwards, then dashed forward with the staff's end pointing towards Maddin Gog.

He parried with his staff pointing upwards. Seren got him moving backwards as she used both of her arms to rotate the staff, with Maddin Gog doing the same. "You are at least good in combat," Maddin Gog commented. Then they clashed their poles once more with an X.

Seren gritted her teeth as she kept up with his strength. She held and gripped the staff so tightly that it started to bend. Maddin Gog applied more force, until Seren dropped her weapon. Dammit!!

She could only watch as her staff fell to the ground. "Again!" she exclaimed. She was mad that she couldn't at least get him unarmed.

"That's enough for today. Head back to the citadel for the gathering."

He threw her his staff and she caught it with one hand. He went to gather his things by the boulder he left it. A glistening black sword leaned against the large rock—he took it and hung it at his waist.

Seren lusted after that sword. She wanted to hold it in her hands, but she knew it wasn't that easy.

"I'm going to make that sword mine one day," Seren claimed boldly.

Maddin Gog stopped in his tracks to assess her, perhaps calculating in his head if she could make her words true someday. Then he walked past her without saying another word.

"That's never going to happen, because I'm going to be the next leader of this clan." Astra begged to differ.

Seren really despised this guy. She brought her face close to his and stared him right in the eye.

"Challenge accepted."

•••

Present Day

Reknay City Gallery, Iveneterra

Seren stared at the black sword displayed inside the glass box raised on a pedestal.

She stood with her hands inside the pockets of her kecks, eyes not exactly wide but not too closed either. She was just resigned. She was tired.

I'm going to make that sword mine one day. She remembered saying those words to Maddin Gog.

That one day never happened. For her, the world basically ended. But some things—some things remain even after the end. They were called remnants.

Seren was a remnant of her clan. Of her realm.

That sword inside the glass box was a remnant, too. Just like her.

It was the first thing from home she had ever seen since waking up, and she felt a close connection to it, like they were suffering in this world together.

I need to get that sword out of there.

"Hellooo? Lady?"

Seren snapped out of it. She brought her attention back to the little girl. "I'm sorry, what were you saying again?"

She was still with the little girl she saved from that one Garrison guy. Somehow, the girl ended up as Seren's tour guide around the capital city, and they wound up in this building called Reknay Capital City Gallery.

And that was how she found Maddin Gog's legendary black sword.

In this place. Inside a glass box.